Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Famous Gnomes, Patchy, Babies & Talking Toilet

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I assume by having gnomes visiting in a pre-GF game and then loading it up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Gnomes become FAMOUS.
What do you expect to see? Gnomes that aren't famous.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Get Famous.

A screenshot.

11-17-18_2-06-44 AM.png

Message 1 of 21 (2,832 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Famous Gnomes, Patchy, Babies & Talking Toilet

★ Guide

I don't see it anymore. 

View in thread

Message 20 of 21 (2,381 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Famous Gnomes!

Hero
My baby also is a celebrity (both parents are).

Thought at first that's normal but now that he's a toddler, he's not anymore .. makes me wonder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (2,706 Views)

Champion
What's next? Has anyone tried this with talking toilet, Patchy, huge stuffed animal toys, etc. anything inanimate you can make friends with?
Message 3 of 21 (2,693 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Apparently someone did have a famous talking toilet: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16836817#Comment_16836817

Message 4 of 21 (2,627 Views)

Hero
Ah .. funny. Now we need famous Patchy :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 21 (2,615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

First of all, I think we'd all agree that funny bugs like this are WAY better than game-breakers. X-D

@crinrict: I read in a comments section over at Carl's Sims Guide from someone whose baby was born a B-Lister. Judging from your post, though, it'll only be temporary. I wonder if your thing with the baby losing fame on Aging Up is because babies are technically objects by the game code's standards, and everything else mentioned is an object. (Actually useful part of this post, hence the Boldface. ;-P)

And yes, famous Patchy, please! He could star in a remake of The Wizard of OzLarge smile ("♪ If I only had a brain... ♪")

Message 6 of 21 (2,595 Views)

Hero
Pretty sure babies have fame cause they are objects

So, it seems that all objects you can have in your relationship bar are affected by this bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 21 (2,569 Views)

★ Guide

The same thing happens to the scarecrow when he is at the tree. When he is alive, he is normal. A little funny bug actually.

Message 8 of 21 (2,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yeah, I knew Patchy would have it too -.. thanks for confirming

goes adds one to the save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 21 (2,542 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Was gonna say that gnomes that spawned later + new babies had it too, but seems like that's already been confirmed. Standard smile 

Message 10 of 21 (2,522 Views)