Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Fame Disappears after reloading

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except MFPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim gain some fame via Simstagram/Fashion. Do NOT have the fame level get to 1 star.
What happens when the bug occurs? After closing the tab (usually exiting the household), all fame disappears, yet the "Road to Fame" pop-up doesn't come back up, so, the sim is still in that fame bit, just loses the fame level.
What do you expect to see? Fame to stay at the same level when appropriate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2018 patch

I don't know if this happens for other ways to claim fame or if it happens after reaching 1 star.

Message 1 of 24 (3,985 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Fame Disappears after reloading

[ Edited ]
Hero

Anyone still having issues with this ?

Cautiously marking this as fixed.

Let Me know if you still see this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 24 (3,395 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Fame Disappears after reloading

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, even after getting a star, I quit playing an in game day or less after getting it. I reloaded and she lost her star just like that..

This just makes the game frustrating, I get that you lose fame overtime but losing a star after getting it +/- 24 hours ago doesn't seem like it's meant to happen.

Message 2 of 24 (3,907 Views)

★★ Guide
I had this happen to a Sim of mine as well.

He had joined the Acting career, and gotten gold on a commercial, and that had brought him up to ~50% to a 1-star fame level.

After this, I had made friends with Vanessa Jeong and moved them in together, to her house.

After loading in from moving together, he had lost his progress towards being a 1-star celebrity, and was back at 0.
Message 3 of 24 (3,877 Views)

Hero

I'm adding this as Needs Input.

I believe it's a bug, especially as I've seen it happen in my own game but I want as much info as possible from you guys

• From which levels did your fame drop ?
  • Did you ever get a message that the fame is fading and you should do something about it ?

There is fame decay and if you don't check regularly, it may seem like dropping to 0 so all info is good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (3,850 Views)

★ Novice

I had a child sim that was taking pictures like mad, and gaining fame she was almost to one star when I checked in on her fame one day and POOF gone. No warning or anything. I quit trying to up her fame after that because I was mad

Message 5 of 24 (3,812 Views)

★★★ Guide
I had a strange issue similar to this, when my 5 star celeb had a baby. The baby for some reason was 2 star, then I reloaded and it was 5, then again reloaded and there was no fame.... I have no clue what was going on there
Message 6 of 24 (3,798 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Babies shouldn't be having any fame. I think their fame changes, depending on the Sim who's interacting with them. 

Bug report on that is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Famous-Gnomes-Patchy-Babies-amp-Talking-Toilet/m-p/717...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (3,779 Views)

★★ Novice
I didn’t see a message about decaying game. The first time it happened i lost my star and I thought it was because I turned down a job offer. Then it happened again, I was really close to getting a star. And I still have my fame point, but I can’t use it without my star.
Message 8 of 24 (3,750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

literally just had this happen while playing my game today. My sim started the acting career, got through his first gig (gold on a commercial --the fame got about halfway to 1st star). Somehow he's lost his fame since then, even though he does fame interactions (acting scenes, posting stories, etc.) Didn't have this issue with a fashion designer in another household--she was my first fame-seeker, currently sitting at 1.5 stars. I hope this acting sim hasn't been perma-glitched when he's just begun his career. Frown

@crinrict I've posted the save in another post (for another glitch), should it be needed to explore further.

Message 9 of 24 (3,712 Views)

Re: [GF] Fame Disappears after reloading

Hero

Hi @bookmaster325

don't know if they need more saves. I did see it in my own game and passed those along .. QA will probably post sooner or later if they need more info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (3,703 Views)