by Bra1nBlast3d

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] [DU] Sim unable to rejoin at same level despite career hopper

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all free stuff packs, dine out, outdoor retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sim was a chief of staff at the doctor career, with the career hopper fame perk enabled. This one specifically says if I quit and re-join the career, I will get hired with the exact same job title I left with. But I got back to the general practitioner title(level 7). Although this might have to do with the university degree of my sim, which got her to that level 7 position in the first place, the fame perk description is clearly misleading.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim was a chief of staff at the doctor career, with the career hopper fame perk enabled. This one specifically says if I quit and re-join the career, I will get hired with the exact same job title I left with. But I got back to the general practitioner title(level 7). Although this might have to do with the university degree of my sim, which got her to that level 7 position in the first place, either the fame perk description is clearly misleading or the perk is not working as intended.
What do you expect to see? My sim should get re-hired at the exact same position she has left with (chief of staff - level 10)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim was a chief of staff at the doctor career, with the career hopper fame perk enabled. This one specifically says if I quit and re-join the career, I will get hired with the exact same job title I left with. But I got back to the general practitioner title(level 7).

Although this might have to do with the university degree of my sim, which got her to that level 7 position in the first place, either the fame perk description is clearly misleading or the perk is not working as intended.

Message 1 of 9 (4,411 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Sim unable to rejoin at same level despite career hopper

★★ Guide

This is marked as mod/cc related in the compiled issues thread, but I believe this is a conflict between GF and DU - I have seen this as well with Sims that leave their careers. They can only rejoin at the level their degree allows.

Message 2 of 9 (4,259 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Sim unable to rejoin at same level despite career hopper

Hero
@Bra1nBlast3d Sorry, I'll correct that on the next update of the list. Thanks for letting me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (4,235 Views)

University Degree overrides Career Hopper Perk (even when lower)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Dine Out, Parenthood,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with a degree and Career Hopper fame trait and rejoin the job.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will not rejoin at the previous level, only at the level that the degree gives (which is lower if you cap out the job).
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my SIM rejoin the job at level 10 since he left at level 10 and has the career hopper perk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim has the Career Hopper perk and is level 10 (+10) of the Investor career.  He now has obtained an economics degree and if I quit the job, he rejoins at level 7 instead of 10 (previous to the degree, he would rejoin at 10 [without the +10, which makes sense].  Discover university and Get famous seem to conflict even with no extra content/mods.  It should either allow the perks to stack or go with the higher of the sets.

Message 4 of 9 (4,208 Views)

Re: University Degree overrides Career Hopper Perk (even when lower)

Hero
@palmerfam2011 Merging this with the thread we already have and adding DU to the title

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (4,191 Views)

The issue about going back to the same position in previous career

★★ Pro

Hi, I can't write the whole issue and not sure it's a bug or not. My sim had graduated the  Britechester with Drama degree before, and he started his actor career level from 8. There's nothing wrong I know. He leveled up to 10 after a couple of gigs in acting career. And then...he graduated Britechester univ with Chef Degree. I wanted to complete his Chef aspiration, So he got a job in Culinary career. After he completed Chef career, he tried to go back to Acting career and it said that he can start from level 8. My sim is a global superstar and has the perk he can get back the same level. So I wish to get back to the silverscreen icon but it said he can start from level 8.

Is it a bug or I have to choose one between starting level 8 after university graduation and the celebrity perk power without university graduation? I wish the perk feature works with university graduation.

Message 6 of 9 (4,064 Views)

Re: The issue about going back to the same position in previous career

Champion (Retired)

@aodoherty

Please see this thread to see if this matches your issue.
[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] [DU] Sim unable to rejoin at same level despite career hopper
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-DU-Sim-unable-to-rejoin-at-same-level-despite/t...

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 7 of 9 (4,048 Views)

★★ Pro
@EuphorialQueen Thank you. yes the exactly same issue I have.
Message 8 of 9 (4,035 Views)

★ Guide

Oh my gosh so this is what happened to my super sims. I had sims at level 10 of every career. Had them go to uni and get every degree. then this started happening. It's bad enough that I can't get the robot arms off them. 

Message 9 of 9 (3,981 Views)