Re: [OPEN] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

by comicsforever

Original Post

Hero
Hi @LakaiScorten
unfortunately, QA can only take saves uploaded to the services they name in their post. Could you please reupload to one those.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 107 (1,952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

No thanks. I'm not going to share my name, mail adress or any other personal information on a public gaming forum. EA should add "*.save" file uploads or accept anonymous sources. 

Edit: I have checked. There is no way of sharing a file anonymously via link with Google Drive. The owner will always be visible with his or her full name.

Message 32 of 107 (1,943 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You can DM the link to any of the QA people (Nick, Robo or Icarus) or you can make fake google account. This way, it's not public.

I have one in my gamer name.

Anonymous upload sites are often a security risk.

It's totally fine though if you don't wanna share that way. Thanks for trying.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 107 (1,936 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

it happened to me to I don't have a stan I think you high enough in fame it starts doing that

Message 34 of 107 (1,927 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This happened to me in game just now, and my Sim is completely opted out of the Celebrity system. I did notice it happened after a dinner party, and I noticed a missing item in my Sim's apartment, so I assume a klepto guest took something.

I am using mods, but given that multiple people are reporting this happening without mods, I have not removed them to test.

If my save file would be useful, I am willing to provide it.

Message 35 of 107 (1,885 Views)

Hero

Hi @dnmartyn

yes please. 

Here's instructions again: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 107 (1,869 Views)

★★ Novice

I have found a temporary solution to this problem!! First, check your home inventory and your sims inventory to make sure they aren't holding something that doesn't belong to them. If you don't find anything there, go into Build Mode on your home lot. Save your lot to your library and bulldoze your lot. Then go to your library and re-place the same lot. You also might find that you have less money that what the lot is worth. When I did this, my sims had 5,000 simoleans less than what the lot was saying it was worth, but immediately afterward my sims stopped receiving texts about stealing things. I've yet to receive any more texts either. 

Message 37 of 107 (1,831 Views)

★★ Novice

After running many many tests to try and figure out why this was happening also in my game I finally found out the reason I myself am getting it.

If your household has anything in it that was made by another sim who doesn't live within the household your sim will continue to receive text messages accusing them of said actions.

Things to look out for:

- If a sim outside of your Household visits your lot and has access to a painters easel and creates a painting this will trigger the texts - sell the painting and the accusation texts will stop.

- If you have just introduced your sims to the world and get the even "Welcome Wagon" and one of the neighbors brings you fruitcake or another food that they have made this will trigger the texts - trash the food to stop the texts.
- If you host a party and hire a carter and there is left over food made by them and they are not part of your household this till trigger the texts - trash the food to stop the text.
So if you are getting these texts take a look around your lot and make sure the lot doesn't have anything made by a sim that doesn't belong to your household - this also includes items from sims that have died and are no longer in your household and sims that you have moved out of your household.
Hope this helps everyone.

Message 38 of 107 (1,774 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same problem! My sims Pristine reputation is quickly dissolving. Couldn't find any stolen items and quickly sold everything and moved to a new unfurnished house only for it to keep happening as soon as I arrived. Sim is a B-lister with the Stan quirk but she's had stans for ages before this began happening... 

Message 39 of 107 (1,628 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@mayatiara wrote:

Same happened to me, one celebrity accused of stealing she was not even a B-lister... I think shes a rising star?

Funny enough, two christmas decorations disappeared from my sim's house around the same time... I am thinking my celebrity is getting accused when a theft goes on nearby.

I came to this conclusion because It happened again with another celebrity sim I was playing with just now.

She is being accused of "drinking blood without permission" , this sim is not a vampire BUT saying this, less than 24 hours prior, Vlad broke into her house and took a bite from her.

Maybe this glitch/bug only happens when these situations occur in lots the sims own or reside on?

I can't remember if I've encountered the stealing issue, but I've definitely had the "drinking blood without permission" call once or twice. I think it may have been after vlad broke into my sim's apartment. She would have been a low level celebrity in the acting career at the time, probably with a slightly good reputation. My sims have never had the stan quirk.

My save won't help you guys because I haven't encountered this issue anymore since moving her out of her apartment. Frown

Message 40 of 107 (1,611 Views)