Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure that you could because it's not clear what caused it to happen but this started happening right after she wore her celebrity disquise for the first time and visited a discotheque in Brindleton Bay. I don't know if that has anything to do with the bug but it started immediately upon her arrival back home after visiting the club.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim who has become a proper celebrity started receiving text messages from friends (including Santa!) who say "I heard you like to steal things....I don't think I want you in my home anymore". Not only has she never stolen anything but has never been in any of the homes of the sims making the false accusations. She does have a Stan and when she arrived home she found trash on her lawn apparently left by the Stan rummaging thru her trash and she picked it up and put it back in the trash can. Also, this should not have been possible since she put a fence all around her property and had the gate locked and there was no trash on the lawn when she left for the club. Maybe friends are confusing her with her Stan? The Stan has never been inside her home.
What do you expect to see? I don't expect my sim to be falsely accused of stealing when she has been very careful with her reputation as a celebrity. Especially from Santa! Oh dear....I see nothing but lumps of coal in her future winterfest stockings!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Get famous expansion

Please note that I have not used any mods in my game.  Just custom content for dinning chairs and a mirror however I disabled them and went back to my game and again received a text message from another friend with the same false accusation.  

Message 1 of 107 (16,365 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

[ Edited ]
Hero

It was a setup! I’ve been framed! It wasn’t me, I swear! You’ll pay for this! You got the wrong guy, it was Wilma! Wilma, I tell you! Celebrity Sims will no longer be falsely accused of stealing things. And for Wilma’s sake, I hope they get over what happened in the past.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 97 of 107 (6,281 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

★★★ Newbie

I just had the same thing happen to me! I came straight here to figure out what it meant. My sim's brother called her accusing her of stealing and said she can't visit him anymore. I have no clue what he's talking about since my sim has never stolen anything... other than her roommates boyfriend... but never from her brother or anyone else. She does have stans outside her house constantly, but she isn't even a b-lister, yet. How do I fix this? I don't want her being accused of things, or is it just something that will pass?

Message 2 of 107 (16,149 Views)

Hero

HI @Acesteria

did you also use the disguise feature as OP ? If not, any idea what could have triggered it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 107 (16,104 Views)

★★ Guide
I've also run into this issue.

Though I haven't used the disguise feature, one similarity in my case compared to OP's is that I didn't get these messages until I had become a 4-star Proper Celebrity, and I also had the Stan quirk.

Not sure if it's related to the Stan but I can't think of what else it could be.
My Sim doesn't even have the Kleptomaniac skill, so they couldn't steal anything even if they wanted to.
Message 4 of 107 (16,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This just started happening to me as well. The first time was right after my Sim got the Stan quirk. She's a b-lister

Message 5 of 107 (16,032 Views)

★★★ Novice
This happened to me too. Sim JUST got a Stan who was hanging outside their home. If I had to guess, I think the Stan is spreading rumors, and it might be an intended consequence of having a Stan.
Message 6 of 107 (16,020 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I hear what you're saying and it seems the Stan is to blame but I think it's more likely a bug with the Stan since it's unlikely they would spread rumors about you since they love and adore you.  The consequence of having them is the annoyance of invading privacy, rummaging thru trash and stealing from your home if you let them in.  

Message 7 of 107 (15,998 Views)

Hero
My Sim has a stan too but I have yet to see this.

Looks like there's some other factor to them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 107 (15,988 Views)

★ Guide

This has happened to me too, and my sim are good. And he  never stolen anything.

Message 9 of 107 (15,912 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Celebrity sim falsely accused of stealing

★★★ Novice
Was having the same problem, I think what caused it for me was a drone i was using, for some reason the game thought it didn't belong to me, i don't know why, I bought it, but sometimes that happens if I move a few times, but now that the drone is off the lot, I haven't gotten one of those texts in weeks, so just look around your sim's house to see if they have any objects that say "This item doesn't belong to you", this shows up over the option "Put in Inventory"
Message 10 of 107 (15,852 Views)