[FIXED] [GF] Celebrity reacts in disgust with everyone

by Tessaskrua

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Global superstars reacts in disgust with everyone

★★★★ Novice

This happens to my GS Sim with everyone they meet. Spouse (also a GS), children, pets, etc. GS Sim: "I am in the middle of my masterpiece, let me stop and act disgusted because my companion fluffy dared to enter my presence!" Too much. Every game, every save, every time. I downloaded my very first ever mod to stop this. Please fix this. 

Message 41 of 117 (1,241 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Game packs: Spa Day Free stuff: Holiday Celebration Pack

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play my main sim, who is a Global Superstar (although I've noticed other Global Superstars on the same lot having such reactions). Whenever she arrives at a lot with other sims she often starts with the 'disgusted' reaction frequently and/or whenever other sims encounter her. She reacts like this to colleagues at work, random strangers, acquaintances, friends and family. I've noticed such reactions don't seem line of sight related as it sometimes triggers when nobody's near her.

What happens when the bug occurs? The Global Superstar triggers the 'disgusted' reaction

What do you expect to see? My Sim has no (visible) traits or perks that would enable such a reaction, especially not from encounters with close kin under normal circumstances.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

Additionial information: I've used a Quirk B-gone potion on my Global Superstar sim in 2019 to get rid of the 'No Touching' quirk and replaced it with Paparazzi Darling. Unsure if it's related but there you go.

Message 42 of 117 (1,189 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem on PC

Message 43 of 117 (1,129 Views)

★★ Novice

How exactly can a Bug like this be supposedly fixed and still be in the Game 2 Years Later? It is still happening for me.

Message 44 of 117 (1,397 Views)

React in Disgust

★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: parenthood, toddler, kids
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sim turned 4 star celebrity, reacts in disgust to every single other sim. Friends, girlfriend, everyone always.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim stops, says "sul" and rolls their eyes in disgust
What do you expect to see? Like... normal non disgust interactions
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I read through old threads and it said this was fixed in a patch months ago, but im experiencing it now, those threads were locked. 

Message 45 of 117 (1,373 Views)

react in disgust to literally everything

★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? vamp, magic, work , strangerville , celeb
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? celeb interactions
What happens when the bug occurs? celeb sims react to disgust to literally everyone and everything
What do you expect to see? anytime my sims see another sim, could be their child, their spouse, their best friend, a stranger, the nanny, they react in disgust

anytime my sims see another sim, could be their child, their spouse, their best friend, a stranger, the nanny, they react in disgust.

they've always done it once they got famous but it makes absolutely no sense to be living in constant disgust... like what?

they will stop their queued up interaction just to react with disgust and i cant X it out.  they almost always perform it before interacting with someone else, they also do it unprovoked when they're alone (no idea to who or what)

Message 46 of 117 (1,337 Views)

★ Guide

I'm experiencing this one as well (all packs installed, no cc, latest patch) and it was driving me insane till I got a mod to block the behaviour completely. I just got nothing done otherwise, every time my superstar was in the same room as any pet or any other Sim (be it a family member or a stranger) he would react in disgust. If that keeps happening every Sim hour, 24/7 you tend to lose your mind at some point and give up playing.

Message 47 of 117 (1,297 Views)

★ Apprentice

Where did you get the mod to block this behavior?

Message 48 of 117 (1,264 Views)

★ Apprentice

My celebrity sims constantly react in disgust. They do it to seemingly nothing most of the time. It interrupts gameplay constantly.

Message 49 of 117 (1,246 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@wimlego Try mod the sims.
Message 50 of 117 (1,211 Views)