Re: Global Superstar reacts in disgust with family/spouse/friends

by TyrelliusMaximus

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Bumping this thread for visibility, still no console fix.

Message 91 of 117 (1,892 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC (Windows 7 OS)
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything installed and fully updated.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever a 4+ star celebrity sim walks near anyone or enters rooms.
What happens when the bug occurs? Celebrity sim will react in disgust almost constantly with no consideration for family or friends. Other actions in the queue will be dropped or replaced for the sim to react in disgust
What do you expect to see? I could see a celebrity sim reacting in disgust to trash, bad environment, stinky sims, etc, but he should not be reacting like this every time he kisses or woo hoos with his fiancee (her hygiene level is very high and that still makes no difference).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No custom content and no mods. I avoid them after they created problems in Sims 3. I know there is a mod to fix this for PC users, but I am reluctant to install it based on my past experience.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not Sure. I have not been playing Sims 4 until a few months ago and just started with the acting career recently, so I am not sure if this is a new problem with the July 8 patch or an existing one. Considering the dates on this thread, I am guessing it is an existing issue.

I am posting this because I see that this has been an ongoing issue. I would like a patch fix rather than risking the stability of my game by using mods. I have had bad experiences with mods in the past.

Message 92 of 117 (1,839 Views)

★ Apprentice

It started with the Get Famous pack and is an existing bug even on the most recent July 8 patch 1.64.84.1020. The patch fixed a few things and introduced some bugs as well. I am tired of this so I just quit posting. I'll just play when I feel like it but Sims 4 is no longer on my top list of favorite games.

Message 93 of 117 (1,827 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Wish a EA dev would comment on this, maybe one day ;(

Message 94 of 117 (1,760 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Global superstars reacts in disgust with everyone

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Here's a little update to my own post from last year.

My global superstar sim is still being disgusted by everything and everyone, nice to see nothing's changed...

Furthermore, I decided to put some time in the premade sim 'Venessa Jeong' living in Del Sol, got her all the way to global superstar as well. This time, I closely paid attention to her behaviour without altering anything to her such as reset potions and such, and she started to become disgusted upon reaching rank 3 fame 'B-lister', and as she gained more fame levels it became worse.

Venessa Jeong used to be a friendly, sympathetic and cheerful sim, and while I'm playing her the same as I used to, she's now reacting in disgust to everything and everyone, just like my main sim. There's a lot more issues now, but not related to the 'Get Famous' DLC

I gave Venessa a pet recently and she's constantly reacting in disgust whenever she sees her new dog. *sigh*

I'd say there hasn't been taken any effort in trying to remedy this. It's disappointing, really disappointing. But I can't say I'm surprised, looking at how EA 'polishes' their games since Battlefield 3...

/end rant

Message 95 of 117 (1,695 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This has to be one of the more annoying small things I find. Having my global super star mom react with disgust to her own children when she's finished the parental aspirations and has the cheerful trait with wonderful relationships with all of them is so annoying. She even reacts with disgust with the family pet!

Message 96 of 117 (1,645 Views)

★ Guide

Still a problem, and with Proper Celebrities as well as Superstars. They react in disgust to their own family members, friends, and everyone they come across. They even react in disgust upon entering an unpopulated room or arriving at a different lot or just at random.

It makes the celebrities incredibly off-putting, frankly - especially after you've been playing the sim all through their life, and the minute they get real fame they apparently turn into a garbage human being I don't want to play anymore. The fact that this has been an issue for so long is also just plain off-putting. Is a game that even SOMEWHAT works as intended really so much to ask for? So disappointed, I wish someone would start a competing game series just so EA has to at least PRETEND to care.

Message 97 of 117 (1,536 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Celebrity reacts in disgust with everyone

★★★ Newbie

Oh my god, EA. Just take out the freaking action!  My global superstar reacts with disgust to his wife, his twin sons, and his dog.  What is this adding to the game?  It doesn't seem to add anything to anyone's story line so just REMOVE IT.

Message 98 of 117 (1,479 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Celebrity reacts in disgust with everyone

★ Guide

Mine does this with family/household members as well, even when she’s alone and it’s annoying! And grandchildren can’t even have a relationship with her because she turns down their introduction. So dumb that this is still a problem in the game with family members having to reintroduce or not able to interact at all until they’re old enough to be “talked up” by someone else. 

Message 99 of 117 (1,445 Views)

Sims 4 Get Famous Sim Always Reacts In Disgust

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle university island living get famous seasons cats & dogs city living get together get to work jungle adventure parenthood done out outdoor retreat Tiny living laundry day toddler stuff kids room stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim is a world famous celebrity.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim reacts in disgust to everyone. Even her own child. Sims also go outside the lot just to react in disgust to people, including paparazzi.
What do you expect to see? Sims not react in disgust to people. Or at least some sort of cheat code or something. Only way I can stop this happening is to not make my sim a celebrity. Which is sad, as I want my sim to be a celebrity. (So many people have this problem)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Not sure what to put here 

Message 100 of 117 (1,428 Views)