Re: (XboxOne) Reacting in Disgust keeps queuing

by CrypticKam

Original Post

Re: Get Famous turned my Sim into a *

★★★ Pro

I know how you feel I made a bug report 5 months ago and it still isn't fixed I had to uninstall the pack because it was getting on my nerves.

Message 71 of 117 (933 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TygerNight Merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

There's also a separate thread for pets: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-GF-Celebrity-Sims-Reacting-In-Disgust-to-Pets/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 117 (1,166 Views)

Re: Global superstars reacts in disgust with everyone.

★ Guide
@crinrict I've just noticed the most egregious example of this. My celebrity dad came home and the toddler and baby twins were all returned from daycare, no one in the entire house besides him, them and the cat was off the lot. He walked up to the BABIES and reacted in disgust! >:[
I keep the toddlers in the basement btw, far from the babies. >.>
Message 73 of 117 (1,141 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Celebrity reacts in disgust with everyone

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I'm seeing this on PS4. My celebrity brother and sister are both 4 stars and they react in disgust to each other every time they enter a room with one another. They did not do this at 3 stars, it was only once they hit 4 stars. 

Edit: as of patch 1.26 the "react in disgust" also drops the sim's active queue. They will drop whatever they are doing to "react in disgust" to any sim nearby. It's very unfun.

The Sims™ 4_20200607194932.jpg

Message 74 of 117 (1,108 Views)

(XboxOne) Reacting in Disgust keeps queuing

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Get to Work, Seasons, and Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever a 4+ star celebrity sim walks near anyone. Some times entering a lot will cause it to.
What happens when the bug occurs? Celebrity sim will react in disgust, no consideration for family or friends. Will sometimes drop other things in queue to prioritize reacting.
What do you expect to see? Celebrity sims shouldn't be reacting this much, every time coming close to other sims. Maybe for stinky sims, or one's that are an opposite aliment. Not every time my sim glances at someone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/tyrellius-maxx/video/100586406                                                                                                                     https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/tyrellius-maxx/video/100586506                                                                                                                     These two clip links show the bug. Can't mod my xbox, so only the devs can help. Just hope they fix this  :*(

Message 75 of 117 (1,079 Views)

Re: (XboxOne) Reacting in Disgust keeps queuing

★ Guide

Apparently this has been going on for a very long time. Lately I've had sims reacting in disgust so much they've way overfilled the que with at least 20 commands too many. I had to click cancel on all of them. The random crashes are what's really starting to irritate me. Been much worse after 1.27  patched on Xbox.  For the record, full power cycle,  cache clear and removing my local saved data has never once done a bit of good for me. I always get the same problems no matter what patch issues are going on. I'm absolutely tired of it being posted as a solution because it is NOT! It's a waste of about an hour each time. My system is running like it is supposed to be. The Sims 4 game is not!

Message 76 of 117 (1,040 Views)

★★ Pro

If you are comfortable and desperate enough to install a mod. In the "Small Mod" section of Little Ms Sam's mods (Her random section), look under "Get Famous DLC" and find her "Small Get Famous Reactions Overhaul". There is a part in there where the celebrity will only react in disgust towards paparazzi. There are other changes to it, which personally I like. Such as when a celebrity tries to rally MY SIM I don't go dropping everything to join in. I play with autonomy off. If I want to engage the celebrity I will on my own, thank you.

Also if you either click or shift + click your SIM you should be able to remove their glow and walk. I forget which it is, but there is a non cheaty way to turn those off. You can even turn off other celebrities' glow if you want which ever way it works on your own. I'm pretty sure it's a shift click.

Message 77 of 117 (1,016 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PriestessAvenara Thank you for the recommendation! I've been playing with no mods for a while now, due to not wanting to have to update them each time we get a patch. But, I think I'd rather need to update them than to continue dealing with dumb behavior that isn't fixed! My famous sim "reacts in disgust" to her famous boyfriend (they both have 4 stars!) and it drops everything out of her queue each time she does it. I'm done. Time to mod this nonsense out.
Message 78 of 117 (1,011 Views)

★★ Pro

@Cabelle1863  I used to be that way with mods too, but I trust both MCCC and Little Ms Sam. Both will update within one to two days of a patch or update or new expansion/pack/whatever. Little Ms Sam goes through each and every single one of her mods and will leave a message on if you need to redownload one or if EA fixed the problem it was fixing and to remove it. She does this all usually within one day, although sometimes it takes her two because she has a LOT of different mods. Not just the main ones, but also fixes and random mods (in her small mod section). I would NEVER offer up a mod from someone who is not up to my extreme standards and so far only two places have made me happy. Wink Although if anyone else knows of modders who are THAT dedicated and trustworthy, feel free to PM me and I will happily take a look. :D

I can't imagine reacting to my own family and pets in disgust. Now who is going to be disgusted by a cute little baby? As a Mom, I didn't even mind changing dirty diapers so this disgusted reaction is one that really gets on my nerves. As an animal lover with 3 cats and a dog in real life I'm equally appalled by them reacting in disgust to their poor pets. So I did the only thing I could think of to help you poor people, outsource! I'm just glad I stopped making celebrities before this happened in my games. I was getting upset when my SIM was getting too distracted by the fans to pay attention to his significant other on their date. It was that moment I realized BEING the celebrity in a family scenario wasn't going to work for me so I made a forever single SIM girl to be my celebrity. I haven't played her in a long time, as you can tell. I guess I just wasn't meant for the spot light. Hahaha.

Message 79 of 117 (998 Views)

★ Guide
@PriestessAvenara I'm on Xbox so I don't think that can be modded. It's pretty bad that in order to get a fix, someone besides the game developers had to create and place a mod on a website so we can download it to have our game work correctly. Sounds like some people need to be fired and EA needs to hire the people creating these mods.
Message 80 of 117 (954 Views)