Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Cant toggle off fame

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All without Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Game Options -> Pack Settings -> Sims begin Opted Out of Fame
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t toggle fame off after Update. It reset automatically on.
What do you expect to see? I just want to play my sim without fame.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.68.154.1020

I restart my game with a new folder and new save game. I can’t toggle off the fame.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 54 (6,445 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Cant toggle off fame

Hero

Sims can now be opted out of Fame in the Options Menu once again. Don’t care about the bling or the hi-life, ‘cause Simoleons ain’t mean thing if ya ain’t Simming right.

Fixed in Patch 1.70.84/ 1.37

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 54 of 54 (3,080 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Cant toggle off fame

Hero
@daikoyu Yup, can duplicate this as well.

Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 54 (6,359 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Cant toggle off fame

★★ Novice

Same issue. Playing on Xbox One X. No mods. Started today after downloading the most recent update. If I try to change the fame setting in main menu, the game freezes. 

Message 3 of 54 (6,136 Views)

Opt out of Fame Issue

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click [esc] to open the Menu. From there go to [game options] and click to view [pack settings]. Click the box next to "Sims begin Opted Out of Fame" under the Get Famous tab. Click [apply changes]
What happens when the bug occurs? After you click [apply changes] the box you previously had checked will become unchecked.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the box stay checked.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue occurred after updating on November 10 to the Pre-Patch for Snowy Escape.

This appears to only affect new save files as no matter how many times you click the box and apply changes your sims fame system will show unknown and they will gain fame. However existing saves, while still showing the box unchecked do not gain fame and their fame panel reads "staying out of the spotlight". Re-checking the box and applying changes in existing saves also unchecks the box as mentioned but seems to keep the sims out of the spotlight instead of activating the fame system showing them as unknown.

Message 4 of 54 (6,019 Views)

★★★★ Guide

If I may add some insight to this issue, in my brand new test save that I started after the patch, my options already had my checkbox unchecked to be opted out of fame, and stayed that way throughout my testing.

Message 5 of 54 (5,886 Views)

Opted out of Fame button not working

★★★★★ Guide

I click Opted out of fame by placing a check mark in the box and click apply changes, by clicking apply changes remove the check from the box. to me its broken

Message 6 of 54 (5,781 Views)

Re: Opted out of Fame button not working

Hero
@LadyDarkSorrow Merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 54 (5,765 Views)

Can't opt out of fame in options menu. Game clears box when clicking apply.

I started a fresh game with no mods and am having issues with the Options Menu under packs.  I try to opt out of Fame, and then hit apply, but the game just resets and clears the box that you select to opt out of gaining fame.  Maybe this has something to do with all the crashes people are having.

Message 8 of 54 (5,754 Views)

Re: Can't opt out of fame in options menu. Game clears box when clicking apply.

Hero
@RyckRainthrottle Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Please make sure to click me too on the first post,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 54 (5,746 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this exact same issue. To me, this is game breaking, because it means there are random townies around gaining fame, which has a huge impact on the game. Are there any mods that remove fame generation I can use as an interrim measure until this is fixed?

Message 10 of 54 (5,675 Views)