by MrRightclick

Original Post

Re: Very Jumpy Screen

Hero
@SwanQueenVI Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 36 (2,084 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hello, I also have the same issue and got a bit nervous since it is posted nearly 2 years ago... Bulldozing whole lot did not work either. Any solutions maybe? Frown

Message 22 of 36 (2,015 Views)

★ Novice

Hello. I’m having this problem now... any updates on the fix or what to do? 

Message 23 of 36 (1,938 Views)

★ Novice

Hello again. I saved the rooms that I’d already built, bulldozed the lot and it seemed to work. Hopefully it’ll be okay for everyone else soon 

Message 24 of 36 (1,905 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Camera Pops Up panning over Chateau Peak

★★★ Newbie
@SproutLee Mine does this as well and I simply hate it. I spent so much time making it a home just to move in and be disappointed
Message 25 of 36 (1,847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This seems to happen with the Chateau Peak prebuilt house only. Got a family living in the house and it's actually making me nauseous playing this lot.

I tested multiple other Gallery houses on this lot and only the prebuilt Maxis house has this issue. So I would conclude there's something wrong (a lot to be honest) with the prebuilt house, since no other house placed on the lot has this issue.

The camera jumps up when moving over walls IF there is an outer wall on the lowest floor of the house when playing the prebuilt Chateau Peak house.

Removing all outer walls from the bottom floor of the house makes this problem disappear, but now you have no walls on the bottom floor. Inner walls seem unaffected, so somethin weird is going on with this house.

This happens regardless of game mode (live / building).

Note:

If you have the prebuilt house still on the lot, you can build a wall (half, full, doesn't matter) ANYWHERE on the ground level of the lot and the camera jumps high over it when moving over the wall. I haven't seen this happen on any other lot in the game.

Having walls on the second and up stories don't cause this erratic jumping, but the jumping happens while playing on ANY FLOOR if you have a wall on the ground level.

Bulldozing the house and rebuilding repels this problem completely for me. Note that if you have saved the house to your gallery and place it down again, the problem is back.

Too bad I've already accepted my fate and played this lot so long bulldozing it and rebuilding would be a huge hassle.

Message 26 of 36 (1,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried out different stuff to combat this problem, since I don't want to move out of the house I've built for like a hundred sim days.

I tried removing random items from the lot, such as the trees, columns from the walls, adding basements of varying size etc etc...

Found a rather gimmicky workaround for the issue:

Building a rich-guy-around-the-house pool outside of every ground floor wall seems to remove this issue from all floors.

Another thing you can do is just push the 2nd floor walls outside 1 grid unit, and since there's no ground floor wall supporting it anymore the issue disappears on the 2nd floor. That looked dumb, though, and didn't fix the problem on the ground floor.

So if you're experiencing this issue and until devs want to take a look at this problem, just build a pool outside of all ground floor walls. Who wouldn't want a one meter moat around their rich guy house anyway?

Stairs can't be built over pools, though, so leave a 2 grid unit wide opening under the front door. Sadly the front door will still throw your camera up in the air, but I guess I can live with that.

pool.png

EDIT: To make the door not jump either, just add a 2x2 platform under the stairs right below the door. Like so:

platform.png

Message 27 of 36 (1,407 Views)

Get Famous Chateau Peak camera issue

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A lot of them but the Chateau Peak was added in Get Famous pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply go to Chateau Peak and move the camera through or over the perimeter walls
What happens when the bug occurs? Camera jumps like crazy over the perimeter walls and it makes that lot unplayable
What do you expect to see? I expect it to not happen at all
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Okay so i recently moved with my sims into Chateau Peak and this weird thing is happening with the camera everytime i move little slower through or above perimeter walls. But its only happening with ground and first floor. I know im not the only one who has this issue. I saw a bug report about it here like 3 years ago but its still not fixed. So im just bringing it to mind. Its really annoying and i spent a lot of time saving money to get there and its completely ruined by this. Its so annoying that its almost unplayable for me and im very upset about it. Please fix this issue. Thank you.

Message 28 of 36 (1,294 Views)

Re: Get Famous Chateau Peak camera issue

Hero

As this thread was very specific to Chateau Peak, is anyone still seeing the camera bouncing there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 36 (1,126 Views)

Re: Get Famous Chateau Peak camera issue

★★ Novice

Yes, this is still happening to me! I deleted the old house and rebuilt one and it’s still happening. There is also sections about 3 levels above that look like there’s something there but I can’t get rid of them. I took a video but cannot upload it. 

Message 30 of 36 (1,073 Views)