[FIXED] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by Psychotps

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★★★★ Novice
@crinrictPsychotps Also having this issue! it's really annoying, hope there is a fix soon.
Message 41 of 386 (3,301 Views)

Get Famous Acting Career Prep Task Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get famous, city living, Seasons, Parenthood, spooky stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get to top level of acting career,have the fame reward established name. perform all prep tasks, go to work.
What happens when the bug occurs? all prep tasks say not Completed.
What do you expect to see? Before going to work prep tasks are complete, at work tasks are incomplete
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 42 of 386 (3,295 Views)

Re: Get Famous Acting Career Prep Task Bug

Hero
@kay4110 Merged your post with existing bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 386 (3,744 Views)

Re: Get Famous Prep Tasks Not Carrying Over to Gig

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same thing for me too unfortunately. I just started playing with the actor before the patch. I even tried cheating the bar with the UI Cheats mod but still no result. The frustrating part is my game is more bugged now than before the update. I got the shower bug, the random three time speed bug, the sims resetting and cancelling actions. 

@YuleNorwood The annoying part is that now we probably have to wait until after the holiday period to get some new bug fixes. It's ridiculous that in trying to fix the freelancer career they bugged so many more things now.

Message 44 of 386 (3,717 Views)

★★ Guide

@iamelenha I have enough friends in that line of work to know that's the way it is, especially in complex monsters like The Sims: one thing gets fixed, another breaks. So I'm not actually surprised that at every new patch something goes haywire. What really bugs me (see what I did there?) is that bugs can range from mildly annoying to game breaking, if you go check the report list in this forum you'll see what I mean. No offence to the people who filed some of them, but some bug reports left me positively wheezing (my favourite atm is the "woo-hooing in a blazing pile of leaves")(oh GAWD please devs don't fix that). Since the last patch I have at least two of those pesky little new bugs: combo shower not working, fertiliser not fertilising (not the fiery woo-hooing, tho)(dammit), and you know what? I can live with those. But the game breaking type of bugs shouldn't be allowed to go live, like never ever EVER. Or at least not every single bloody time a patch shows up.This Prep Tasks resetting business is destroying the Acting Career for the players, and is strongly penalising the GF expansion altogether. Worse of all, this bug cannot be worked around in any way, the Acting Career is simply not playable, period. And yes, I don't see how this is gonna get fixed before 2020. Merry frickin' Christmas.    

Message 45 of 386 (3,681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It  doesn't  even  have to be the actor who is traveling to  cause the tasks to reset. I had my  actor finish practicing  the playful emotion, then I was controlling my actor's son at the gym, and had my actor working on his charisma  skill. He finished, son comes home - suddenly  neither task is finished anymore.   

The career itself seems to be fine. Every Extras Agency. 

Message 46 of 386 (3,632 Views)

Re: Get Famous Acting Career Prep Task Bug

★★ Novice

same issue here. also noticed that preps wich should be checked bc you are level 10 on the skill dont get checked and the aspiration (idk the english name its the aspiration where you dont lose fame if you complete it) get reset. i bought something for 1 fame point but the task got unchecked. idk when exactly. i noticed it after loading the game a few seconds ago

Message 47 of 386 (3,598 Views)

Prep Tasks reset after traveling

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Spa Day, Vampires, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Laundry Day, Backyard, Perfect Patio, Holiday Celebration, and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the acting career do their prep tasks and then travel to a different lot/go with them to their job.
What happens when the bug occurs? The completed prep tasks show up as incomplete and risky acting interactions fail.
What do you expect to see? One would expect the tasks to remain completed upon leaving their house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's really frustrating, because most of the time you're not even able to complete all of the tasks during the work day. Thanks for the help!

Message 48 of 386 (3,597 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same here. All agencies. I just bought the pack and thought it wasn't fair or possible to have to do the prep work while at the job site in the amount of time given. I'd already wasted time completing them only to have them reset when I got to the job site. Now I see it is a bug and not intended to work that way. I hope this is fixed soon!
Message 49 of 386 (3,573 Views)

★ Pro

I wonder, are the task stats reset/removed or just not recognized by the game after traveling?

Message 50 of 386 (3,469 Views)