[FIXED] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by Psychotps

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★★★★ Expert
@christinal3106 Well, at least if your sim is already at level 5 and has the perk, you don't have to worry about future gigs. That's good to know.

However, if your sim isn't at level 5 yet, you can't get the perk without cheating. Sims under 5 will still have the problem.
Message 31 of 386 (4,610 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Psychotps Yeah, also you have to have 2 successful risky parts to get the gold, instead of just 1.
Message 32 of 386 (4,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@christinal3106Lol... You know? I've NEVER actually used anything but the risky interactions? I think in dozens of playthroughs I've only had it fail once... and I never actually figured out why it failed that one time. Always attributed it to a one-time glitch.

I think as long as you meet the basic requirements and complete the prep tasks, it will always work.

Edit:  Now that I think about it, it was twice.  I tried a "Risky Kiss" once and my co-star pushed me away. The second time I was doing a jail-lockup scene and my sim couldn't get the jail door open.  I think the second one I didn't meet the fitness requirement. Never figured out why the first one failed.

Message 33 of 386 (4,731 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well, you're lucky. My sim who has level 10 in acting has failed a few times.

Message 34 of 386 (4,727 Views)

★★ Guide

Well, well, well.

I always try to keep it lite when some technical train derails right into my game, but I must admit it I'm pretty fuming atm. How fuming? Try picturing Drogon right after Jon Snow stabbed his mommy. In this elaborate metaphor you guys are playing the part of the Iron Throne. I bought GET FAMOUS two weeks ago, dammit! I gave you money in good faith while the harvestable bug was still live. Okay, the expansion was half price, but still. And now to patch that agricultural mess you completely FUBAR the acting career.

So, no Mods, no CC, running with the latest version, Seasons, Get Together, Get Famous installed and since yesterday my thespian sim is zapping his arse with a laser pistol on set because he can't fulfil the prep tasks. And trust me, he tried. He tried hard. Have you any idea how difficult it is to make him dig deep for an angry emotion while he's on the lap of luxury and of his smoking hot wife? This bloke is more chilled than a piece of fruit in a sangria bowl. I had to lock him in a bathroom plastered in angry paintings, but finally he did it, yes-sir he did. Until he got invited for a night out and on landing all his progress was lost. Which is so delightfully ironic, because then I got angry like a fricking bee and is such a pity I couldn't play the gig myself I would have aced that scene on set like a boss.

Seriously though, I know your job is hard, at this point the game is a beautiful mess of patches on patches on patches, I know that most certainly you're working through punishing deadlines and crushing pressure from right left and centre. And that's why my policy is to keep quiet as much as I can. Poor soul Alexander Goth has been strutting around town in his strobo Scout uniform for ages now, the bathtub/shower combo has stop working, and remember when the columns started freaking out? Good times. People let you know, I click Me Too, end of story, because eventually a fix will show and those are things I can work around. But lately it seems like I'm always here for things I can't work around, major game-breaking issues and dammit, it's just unfair. Because well, I pay for the honour of playing, you know? You know.       

Message 35 of 386 (4,707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Pfffttt I'm getting annoyed.... I spent hours talking to EA Support on the chat, uninstalling and reinstalling origin, fixing the game and then downloading Catalina for my Mac....then tried installing everything again and the problem is still there! They said the game must have been not working properly because my Mac doesn't have metal...I explained that I do have metal and that PC users are having the same problem anyway....so they said it must be the system I'm using and insisted I download Catalina to fix the issue....so I did that and l STILL have exactly the same problem! Now I can't even get back on the chat with EA Support and they are not giving me any contact options when I try resume my case. Won't let me start a new chat either! What do I do now, ugh Frown

Message 36 of 386 (4,674 Views)

Hero
@emiXxxxx is this about this bug or something else ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 386 (4,668 Views)

★★★ Novice

The very same issue appears in the Polish language version. Hopefully will be resolved soon, makes the game almost impossible to play.

Message 38 of 386 (4,654 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  about the bug.

(Ever since the update patch the other day, my sim's progress keeps disappearing on her acting career 'prep tasks'. I complete the tasks and then as soon as she leaves the plot or I reload the game, they all reset to being "not started".  So when I go to do the gig, all the tasks have reset to "not started". It's very infuriating! Even the tasks which are "improve fitness" or "improve charisma" they still say not started even though my sim has maxed out these skills!)

Message 39 of 386 (4,650 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrictPsychotps I have this issue since the patch came out. I thought it was only having this issue. Did anyone also have an issue with no control over the speed it switches to
Fast forward with out touching it
Message 40 of 386 (4,600 Views)