Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by Wozza78

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I doubt it it's been going 3 months now. I wonder if they even care, we never even hear for the Devs about anythig

Message 271 of 386 (1,515 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi. Do we have an ETA on a fix for this annoying bug? It was working 'til the last update. Gotta be honest, I 'm getting real sick of updates breaking the game and EA dragging their heels on fixing things. Typical "we got your money money now... shhh… we'll get to you when we can be bothered. Excuse me, but someone over there wants to give me their money and they are more important than you right now."

Message 272 of 386 (1,453 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

as of february 6th, 2020 this is still a problem. Attempted switching agencies with no avail.

Message 273 of 386 (1,335 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is this still not fixed?! Holy cow. EA... FIX THISSSSS HOLYYYY CRAPPP!!!! We all spent good money on this, we EXPECT YOU to fix this. EA. DO IT NOW. 

Message 274 of 386 (1,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Alright, while I assume most of you probably don't like using cheats to promote careers and whatnot, this seems to be the only " fix " I've found so far.

*snip*

LittleMsSam has created a small patch of bug fixes, one of which includes a fix to the prep tasks resetting issue, however it doesn't exactly fix the entire issue, it finishes your prep tasks for you essentially and they just stay that way. Of course, I can understand how annoying this must be for those who enjoy completing their own prep tasks, I'm one of those people as well. What I like to do is just build up my skills on whatever my prep tasks require, regardless of them already being complete, it still makes me feel like I'm doing some of the work.

All you have to do is install the ActorCareerPrepTaskKindOfFix file in the little bunch, you don't have to install all of them, as every file contains a fix for a different bug. Just plop it into your mods folder like any other mod you would install, and boom, all of your prep tasks are pretty much done as soon as you get them. I've been using this for quite awhile now while I wait for EA to fix this and I can guarantee I've had no problems with it; doesn't glitch out your game or anything, perfectly safe.

EDIT by EA_Jason: Mod link removed. 

Message 275 of 386 (1,307 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@chokiio I have been using the fix for while now. Not perfect but better then what EA has done.
Message 276 of 386 (1,271 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here!  I do my prep tasks, travel to another lot, and they're reset to uncompleted.  Since you have to travel for the Acting career, since it's an active career, that means the entire career is broken.

I just bought Get Famous yesterday, and I didn't know the stupid thing was BROKEN!  I guess I'll check for game-breaking bug reports before I buy any packs in the future.

Message 277 of 386 (1,058 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this issue and it is making the Actor Career unplayable. Please fix!

Message 278 of 386 (1,019 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've had the same issue, and on top of this I managed to complete the prep tasks again on site and get gold more than once but it won't trigger completion for the getting gold in an acting gig for the aspiration either. Super annoying. 

Message 279 of 386 (1,001 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JoshBadach , see #275. A modder has made a work-around for this issue. It isn't perfect, but it does make the game playable. My sim got gold on a gig after inserting the mod.
Message 280 of 386 (991 Views)