Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by Sketch793

Original Post

★★ Novice

Yup! I can complete most tasks on the celebrity lot, but having the perk that let's you skip hair and makeup is the only way I can make that happen, glad I'm not alone with this issue. 

Message 261 of 386 (1,698 Views)

get famous, prep tasks reset bug

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get famous, realm of magic, cool kitchen stuff, the perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff, holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? start the acting career, join an agency, pass an the audition, complete the prep tasks, change lot, prep tasks glitch and return progress on them to "not started"
What happens when the bug occurs? After starting the acting career and passing an audition, my prep task will bug out. every time i finish them and change a lot all my progress dispensers and it returns to "not started 0%"
What do you expect to see? that when i complete prep tasks they stay completed when i change lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Im sick of the prep tasks going back to "not started" when i change lots! because its interfering with my progress in the game with the acting career. No, i have no mods and never have. i just bought the game a few days ago, and its really frustrating to see that this has been a problem in the get famous pack for a long time and no one has fixed it. i see post about people having this problem back in june of 2019? and its still and issue? really?!

Message 262 of 386 (1,689 Views)

★ Guide
@ManicGlitter Really? They didn’t reset once I went to the job. It only reset for me if I traveled before then o:
Message 263 of 386 (1,557 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This bug has the highest rating now and it has been 2 months...EA please do something.

Message 264 of 386 (1,505 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same issue and it is super frustrating! 

Message 265 of 386 (1,466 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@ActionComic25 That's because that perk gives TRIPLE the job performance. I made a mod that increases basic job performance a little bit to help compensate for the loss of job performance by constantly failing tasks, but if you have that perk, my mod would be redundant. Not everyone has that perk tho.
Message 266 of 386 (1,413 Views)

★ Guide

Same here! 

And as I can see many many many others have it too...

EA please do something about this. This makes the career unplayable Frown

Message 267 of 386 (1,320 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I completed my prep tasks for a gig, if I travel even to my gig the prep tasks have reset. I've also noticed getting into hair makeup and outfitted for gig are no longer in the tasks of the jobs.

Message 268 of 386 (1,144 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

You probably took Established Name, the level 3 celebrity perk that lets you skip auditions and makeup. The makeup and costuming tasks no longer appear in your job tasks because you don't need to do them any longer.

Message 269 of 386 (1,140 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just noticed this issue in my game as well. Vanilla, no mods except the "skip intro" one. Tried without it and also reset my game folders and no luck. Hopefully EA fixes this soon.

Message 270 of 386 (997 Views)