Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by YuleNorwood

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I’m so mad this still isn’t fixed... I bought this so happy expecting the actor job to work and no it isn’t... smh.. if EA doesn’t fix this by next patch update, I want my money back or I legit want to sue. 

Message 211 of 386 (1,291 Views)

Re: Prep Tasks Broken in 12/12/19 patch

★ Novice
@crinrict Also having this issue�!
Message 212 of 386 (1,290 Views)

Re: [XB1] Body type does not copy to dark form

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BriannaShania What platform are you on ? Did you also use cheats ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 213 of 386 (1,212 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The only thing that was not working for me was when i would switch lots and the tasks would not save. I thought it was outdated mods but i turned off mods and i was still having this problem. I get mad because I can't do any risky performances so I can get gold. 

Message 214 of 386 (1,212 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Commented on the wrong bug! Meant to comment on the Acting prep task bug.
Message 215 of 386 (1,197 Views)

Hero
@BriannaShania Moving your posts over to that thread then to avoid confusion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 216 of 386 (1,193 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Ok, there are three sets of tasks, the prep tasks you do at home, the pre-performace tasks you do once you get to the gig, and the performance tasks themselves.

The prep tasks are modifiers or "adjusters" to the performance tasks. Doing these makes the performance tasks more likely to succeed.

The pre-performance tasks and performance tasks both increase your job performance, the more job performance you get, the closer you get to "gold". If you do a normal performance task, you get a small amount of job performance, but it's more likely to succeed. Risky gives twice as much, but more likely to fail, and if it fails, you don't get any job performance for that task.

The pre-performace tasks each give a little job performance. The normal performance tasks give the same. The "Risky" tasks give twice as much but are more likely to fail if you haven't done the prep tasks.

This is the problem. Since the prep tasks get reset, there is no "adjuster" to the performance tasks and they have a much greater chance of failing, thus less job performance.

Now I haven't figured out how to "fix" the prep tasks being reset.  However, I did figure out a way to compensate for it.  Since with no prep tasks, a single failed risky task will keep you from getting gold... I created a mod that increases the job performance you get from doing the pre-performance tasks a tiny bit. Just enough so a single failed performance task won't keep you from getting gold. If you fail two or three, you'll still only get silver but you're more likely to get gold.

LittleMsSam has a bug fix that is almost ideal. It has one problem though. It automatically completes the prep tasks any time your sim leaves the lot. Not necessarily travels, leaves!  This means when you get a gig, and go to the audition, the tasks will all be complete, even if you haven't left the lot.  I'd rather have them listed as incomplete so I can actually do the motions of completing them, even if they end up getting reset.

So, I'm putting my mod on MTS. It works very well. You still have a chance of failing the performance tasks but it's not as high as with the bug. I actually prefer it this way. Until this bug, I've actually NEVER failed a performance task. At least now I stand a chance of failing. But with my mod, failing a single task doesn't mean not getting gold. I have to fail 2 or 3.

Message 217 of 386 (913 Views)

★★ Guide

@Psychotps wrote:

So, I'm putting my mod on MTS. It works very well. 

Well done Psychotps, you're a saint.

Personally I prefer to keep my game Mods-free, but this will help a lot of simmers out there.

For the vanilla players like me I'd like to remind that being extra confident (with 3 or 4 confident moodlets active, for example) will boost your sims just enough to perform successfully a "risky", even without the prep tasks completed. At least, most of the times. Hence, they'll get gold most of the time. I wrote a lengthy post about it ages ago (comment #81).

Let's help each other folks because mostly clearly at this point we're on own own.        

Message 218 of 386 (883 Views)

★★★★ Expert
LOL!

Wouldn't you know it?

The MINUTE I publish a fix, they release an update that fixes it.

Maybe I should have published the fix two months ago? Geez, it just went live like an hour ago. Disappointed
Message 219 of 386 (876 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@YuleNorwood wrote: Well done Psychotps, you're a saint.

Agreed! Nice job @Psychotps and thanks for the contribuition Standard smile
And thanks @YuleNorwood for those tips aswell.

I've actually disregarded the acting job completely, hell I even started a new game - taking completely different jobs, while ... waiting for this bug to be fixed.
Of course that by now I've completely lost all hope they'll fix this anytime soon, or at all.

But if I do feel like going back to the acting career at some point in the future, I'll be sure to keep in mind your workarounds.

Message 220 of 386 (868 Views)