Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by Psicose_6

Original Post

★★ Guide

@apincas wrote: I bought Get Famous over the holidays only to discover this bug. Had to put that entire game on hold and have been waiting eagerly for this patch. 🙄 

Same, bought the pack during the Black Friday's sales, two weeks later this stinker popped out. Let's stop for a second to fully appreciate the fact that to this day my sims never really got the chance to play the actor career in the way it was promised by the pack. Never. 

I'm not going to spend another cent on this game until some major crap gets sorted, i don't care how many sales they toss, or how many new packs they launch.

Message 151 of 386 (1,401 Views)

Tasks for Actor Career Resetting When Entering New Lot/New Day

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most up to date as of 01.18.2020.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for vampires and strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Joun actor career, do tasks needed for job. The day of the gig, all the check marks will go away and show as "not started", where the previous day they were all checked.
What happens when the bug occurs? The tasks will be checked as you do them, if you change the lot or enter a new day, all progress on those tasks will be lost.
What do you expect to see? The checks remain active no matter the lot or day - up until the event is completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Under tasks with actor career. 

Message 152 of 386 (1,362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@YuleNorwood wrote: Let's stop for a second to fully appreciate the fact that to this day my sims never really got the chance to play the actor career in the way it was promised by the pack. Never.

True. They should definitely change the communication on that, something more like:

"Want to be a *just-never-good-enough* actor, no matter how hard you try? Want to feel the excitement of being that second-rate actor that barely gets the job done? Want to feel like a total failure? You can be all of those in the brand new mediocre-acting career on the Get Famous Expansion Pack!"

Message 153 of 386 (1,324 Views)

★★ Guide

@Psicose_6 wrote: You can be all of those in the brand new mediocre-acting career on the Get Famous Expansion Pack!"

For the fair price of a properly playable full game from any of our competitors in the gaming market. Bargain!

Message 154 of 386 (1,297 Views)

★★ Novice
@Psychotps Just wanted to say that this is still happening for me after today's update. At least the shower bug got fixed.
Message 155 of 386 (1,215 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh, good, it's not just me then.I came looking for a solution, but I see there is none.

Message 156 of 386 (1,204 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same issue with acting career also. Hadn't played it in some time and it worked the last time....months ago. Was just searching for a fix but guess from reading all this, not one yet.

Message 157 of 386 (1,118 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Didn't have this issue until today Frown

Message 158 of 386 (1,080 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am still having this issue after the update, too. Have repaired the game and cleated the cache. I have no mods or cc. 

Message 159 of 386 (1,049 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is there a page that has updates on when they are planning to release a fix for this bug? 

Message 160 of 386 (1,016 Views)