Get famous prep tasks reset when travelling

by AkiraAnna

Original Post

Sims 4 Acting Career Bug

★ Novice

So I recently switched laptops, and decided i'd have a sim join the acting career.

It's the first time I've used the career on the new laptop but I expected it to run the same, however, whenever I made my sim do the prep tasks, as soon as they arrived on set they would go from completed to 'Not Started', despite me having done them.

This has proved an issue since now whenever I attempt 'risky' options they are unable to do them, and I cannot get any gold star performances.

The only difference I can think of that might have influenced this is that I recently got the Discover University pack and the sim studied drama so got a boost in their career.

I'd be really thankful if anyone knew the cause of this, or knew anyway to sort it out.

Thanks

Message 91 of 386 (4,528 Views)

Dot.: Sims 4 Acting Career Bug

Hero (Retired)
@georgieeen

This is a known game bug. Unfortunately, you have to wait for some patch to fix it. Go to this link and click ME TOO in the first post.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Actor-Prep-Tasks-reset-on-traveling/m-p/8533570/highli...

I don't work for EA
Message 92 of 386 (4,505 Views)

Re: Sims prep tasks go from completed to not completed after they go to their jo

★★★★★ Novice

It's been 20 days. How long should we wait? I'm really tired of the endless problems of The Sims. 

Message 93 of 386 (4,509 Views)

Get famous prep tasks reset when travelling

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living Get famous Seasons Cats and dogs City living Get together Get to work Vampires Kids room stuff Cool kitchen stuff Free stuff all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete your prep tasks for the acting gig and then travel
What happens when the bug occurs? The prep tasks reset and they turn to being incomplete
What do you expect to see? They should stay completed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch

Maja bogusz 

Message 94 of 386 (4,494 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★★★ Novice

Ooh definitely saw this bug and it's quite nasty. Traveled to three different lots, to solve it, every single time it gets reset. I don't know if "send alone" with all the prep work tasks completed would yield better results but I hope that would be the workaround for now. Such a shame, actor career is really fun.

Message 95 of 386 (4,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, even for skills I have level 10 on, once I join them all prep tasks are "not started". Really annoying, any idea when it's most probably fixed? 

Message 96 of 386 (4,355 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too.  It's really annoying how broken it is rn honestly.  So I am gunna stop bothering with it..

Message 97 of 386 (4,272 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

In Russian version! We have the same problem!

Message 98 of 386 (4,227 Views)

Prep Tasks reset after traveling.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4,Get famous and City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to acting career/Complete all of tasks or just one/Travel to another place
What happens when the bug occurs? I already done my prep tasks for a career .But after I went to other place or go to work my Sim(actress), everything is gone.I did enabled Mods in the game, but nothing happens, all the same
What do you expect to see? Prep tasks done and improve the performance
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Thank you

Message 99 of 386 (4,213 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have the same problem with MAC platform, i hope it can be fixed soon. Frown

Message 100 of 386 (4,197 Views)