Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by YuleNorwood

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★★ Guide

@YuleNorwood wrote:

@ftrodrigues1 I tried everything i could think of, nothing works. Once you're on set you're toast. I think I'll try just out of curiosity to book a job right after completing one and never leave the set, which of course is not a solution, but i just want to see what happens.

...and guys and gals, I DID see what happens.

While we wait for the patch that will solve our problems and spawn God knows what other fresh hell, I have a good news and a bad news for you.

The bad news is that camping in the studio lot between acting jobs ain't gonna cut it, not only is an unpractical way to play the game, it won't solve your problem: at the due time you'll have the usual pop up asking you if you want to join your sim at work (even if technically you're already there), the "complete the performance" tab with the daily tasks will appear, and because you won't go through a loading screen all the prep tasks will still be completed (so far so good). Problem is you'll be stuck with the old stage, and the director will never show up, so you won't be able even to begin to act, let alone completing the job. Oh well, two days of my sim's life that he'll never have back (although...)(if you're partial to silliness I would recommend the experience)(the whole situash hits the "freakin' hilarious" side of things pretty fast).

The good news is that I'm a stubborn SOB and I couldn't let it go and wait for a fix like a normal human being. Sooo...I've kinda found a way around this bug. It's not ideal, and probably smarter people than me have already figured out a better way, but I haven't seen around many helping suggestions about this particular bug, maybe this can be useful to some players.

Confidence is key. Which ain't exactly a breaking news in the actor career, but I'm not talking about showing up at work in a confident mood. You have to pump your sim's ego 'till it reaches the size of Brazil, I mean moodlets on moodlets of unabashed confidence. If your sims can put their hands on some CelebuSerum after brushing their teeth and go wild with a commando training, that's the dream.

While your sims are in the studio lot they can't fulfil much of the prep tasks, and usually the ones they can complete are not enough to guarantee a successful "risky performance" on stage. Without risky performances and the prep tasks mostly unfulfilled there is no chance to hit the gold. But the ridonkulous amount of confidence your sims are packing will trump that. Maybe not 100% of the times, but the odds will be in your favour enough to achieve gold MOST of the times. Getting gold is not a mere vanity affair, you need it to put the domino effect back on track: get promoted, receive an award, get the celebrity tiles, and so on while you're on your way to reach the Master Actor/Actress Aspiration. That should be your main target, 'cause once you've got the World Renowned Actor trait...oh well, you can fart this bug out of the water.

Which I did. And I still do.

*faint sounds of farts while she rides toward the sunset*

(I still want this bug fixed asap, though, because c'mon)(also wouldn't be bad if they'll fix the fame system because is honestly screwed up)(the whole GF pack is bugged AF)(for shame!) 

Message 81 of 386 (2,348 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree, I have been trying to avoid traveling when I have a gig or task pending. However, my sims is an actress; even when I complete all the task, as soon as I join my sims to work on set, it resets. Super annoying 

Message 82 of 386 (2,317 Views)

★★ Novice

I've literally tried to avoid playing because all the work around that I thought of, as did other simmers based on the replies, are way too risky. Main one being trying to re-complete all of the tasks again while on set only to lose time to complete all of the set tasks like eating something, posting on simstagram, hair, costume etc. I've narrowly completed all the shots before time ran out and even then, though making gold got a less than positive message from the agency and a real loss of job performance.

Until today. It's the less fun option especially for actors, but the only one that won't ruin your job performance meter until the update is sent out. Normal prep for your next job, complete all tasks and then.. sigh.. send the sim to work alone. The tasks stay completed and performance meter reflects good work. Not a win win but something. Le sigh. 

Message 83 of 386 (2,299 Views)

★★ Guide

@Erijeu wrote:

I've narrowly completed all the shots before time ran out and even then, though making gold got a less than positive message from the agency and a real loss of job performance.

I've experienced the same problems as others when it comes to achieving gold, but a loss of job performance and having the agency bitching despite making it to gold sounds new to me. And ghastly. 

At this point I'll assume that while the resetting prep tasks penalises us all the same, the acting career may be broken for some simmers more than for others. I'm sorry man, that sucks.

Message 84 of 386 (2,276 Views)

Re: Prep Tasks Broken in 12/12/19 patch

★★★ Novice

I’ve had this exact same issue since the patch (along with that annoying glitch of not being able to shower) and I’ve used different agencies, but the problem is the same.

Message 85 of 386 (2,137 Views)

★★★ Novice

Are The Sims team even aware of the bug and how many people it’s affecting?

I am also having troubles with this bug and it’s made me not want to play The Sims 4 at all until the bug is fixed because I really want to play Get Famous.

How do we know that The Sims team are fixing the bug? It’s fine that people are willing to wait, good for them but how long would it take?

The most likely situation is that they won’t release an update that fixes the bug unless there are other bugs that need fixing too and it could be months until the bug is fixed.

Message 86 of 386 (2,117 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this issue. The prep tasks reset every time my sim travels. She cant get gold on any gig.

Message 87 of 386 (2,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any fix?

Message 88 of 386 (1,967 Views)

Re: Sims prep tasks go from completed to not completed after they go to their jo

Message 89 of 386 (1,934 Views)

Re: Sims prep tasks go from completed to not completed after they go to their jo

Hero
@vadish3825 Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 90 of 386 (1,885 Views)