Re: Sims prep tasks go from completed to not completed after they go to their jo

by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Pre-Tasks for Acting Career do not carry over when follow Sim

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino and My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the Sim to the Acting Career
What happens when the bug occurs? Completed Pre-Tasks become Not Started.
What do you expect to see? Completed Pre-Tasks to carry over when you Join Sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch released on 12/12/2019 seems to have caused it.

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino and My First Pet
Steps: Join the Sim to the Acting Career
What happens when the bug occurs? Completed Pre-Tasks become Not Started.
What do you expect to see? Completed Pre-Tasks to carry over when you Join Sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch released on 12/12/2019 seems to have caused it. 

Message 71 of 386 (2,067 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Pre-Tasks for Acting Career do not carry over when follow Sim

Hero
@EHmatus Merged your thread with existing bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 386 (2,046 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Pre-Tasks for Acting Career do not carry over when follow Sim

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Of if its an update error, then why havent we had a new update. Its been since the 11th December. Havent been able to play the game since. Also, How does one ask for compensation for not being able to play the game? Surely there must be a complaints form.
Message 73 of 386 (2,007 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★★★ Novice

I really hate to rant but this is extremely disappointing. I was very happy when the 50% off deal on these packs were there again, and since I am on winter break, I get to enjoy my time and play the Sims4 without much worry. I am happy that I buy the "Get Famous" pack because I really wanted it, and for half off, that is amazing! Anyways, why is it that the Actor career is having issues, and when I complete my prep tasks before going to work, they all disappear and restart once I arrive to work? Not only do I feel like I wasted my money, but I feel like EA does not care about these kind of things. The next patch update is not until the half of the month (which it usually is), and now I have to wait until January 13th-15th to be able to play and level up in the actor career, and that's IF they fix it.. That is non-sense. EA should have recognized this issue, and this is not fair. Rant-over. 

Message 74 of 386 (1,891 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★★ Novice

Ive had this exact problem! I tend to end up doing my tasks *AT WORK* just to have a shot at gold. It happens every time. I noticed when I first started out with everyday extras, the bug didnt happen as often. Dunno whats up with that. 

Message 75 of 386 (1,843 Views)

Sims prep tasks go from completed to not completed after they go to their job

★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Famous, Discover University, and Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having your sim be in a job that has the option of traveling to work with them. Have them complete the prep tasks and when it’s time to go to work, travel with them to their workplace. Then open up the little job panel on the bottom right and you’ll be able to see how the prep tasks go from completed to not completed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The prep tasks will go to not completed when you go to work with your sim and you can’t complete them on the job. They stay on not completed and you end up with a poor - fair job performance
What do you expect to see? The prep tasks to stay “completed” when the sim travels
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having your sim be in a job that has the option of traveling to work with them. Have them complete the prep tasks and when it’s time to go to work, travel with them to their workplace. Then open up the little job panel on the bottom right and you’ll be able to see how the prep tasks go from completed to not completed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The prep tasks will go to not completed when you go to work with your sim and you can’t complete them on the job. They stay on not completed and you end up with a poor - fair job performance
What do you expect to see? The prep tasks to stay “completed” when the sim travels
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 76 of 386 (1,785 Views)

Re: Sims prep tasks go from completed to not completed after they go to their jo

Hero
@itshannahhhh16 Merged your post with the actor career thread on this.

Do you actually have it for any other career ? If so, which ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 77 of 386 (1,777 Views)

★★★ Novice

No I just have problems with the actor career. I haven’t tried it with the other ones

Message 78 of 386 (1,762 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict  I have this bug as well, and I can also confirm that the society tasks do the same thing (reset upon travelling). One Sim is in the Bot Savants, and 2 others are in the Foxbury Spirit Squad. I had the Bot Savant Sim create like 6 RC Quadrocopters, and a bunch of other stuff, the task was checked off, and then upon travelling somewhere it reset. The same with the other Sim in the Spirit Squad. I see an open thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DU-Society-tasks-not-completing/td-p/8434756, but it seems like in that one people are talking about having difficulty advancing in their society as tasks just aren't showing as completed, not necessarily that they traveled and the tasks reset themselves. Should I still post my issue there?

Message 79 of 386 (1,665 Views)

Hero
@vadish3825 Please create a separate thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 80 of 386 (1,659 Views)