Re: Task and aspiration status progress not saving

by crinrict

Original Post

Acting prep task bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every pack except jungle Adventure, my first pet and moshcino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be an actor perform prep task and change locations
What happens when the bug occurs? The completed prep task say not completed when I travel when before it said completed
What do you expect to see? Prep tasks should say completed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Let’s fix it

Message 61 of 386 (2,598 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to add that I"m another person experiencing this bug, exactly as described in the OP.

It's disappointing because i just bought this expansion and started a new game with the intention of leveling my sim up through the acting career using no cheats. It's my entire focus for this game. 

Guess I should start reading through the bug report threads before deciding what content to play in the future. Frown

Message 62 of 386 (2,579 Views)

Re: Acting prep task bug

Hero

I've seen this too.  You didn't say, but does it say it's completed if you travel back to your home lot?  I think this is the same thing that is going on with aspirations since the pre DU patch.  Please correct me if I am wrong but I've found with both careers and aspirations that if you travel, things that were yellowed out and marked complete appear to be unmarked and not completed and things that you have to do something a certain amount of times (be funny to 5 sims) show 0 instead of whatever the number should be when you travel to another lot.  They're still completed but just don't show it.  Sometimes, after a few minutes, they will self correct and show completion but not all things and not every time if you're not on your home lot.  But from what I've seen in my game, once back on the home lot, everything does show what it should, though sometimes you have to let the game run for a minute or too.  this appears to be just a visual thing since the things with numbers involved always seem to be correct.

Message 63 of 386 (2,809 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Message 64 of 386 (2,800 Views)

Hero

@apincas  Thanks for the link.  I think you're right. I didn't know about that bug since I haven't played a sim in the acting career since DU came out.

Message 65 of 386 (2,795 Views)

Sims 4 acting career gig progress lost when switching lots

★★★★ Novice

When I fill out the task for the acting gig its there. When I visit other lots it disappears, the progress disappears.

Message 66 of 386 (2,742 Views)

Re: Sims 4 acting career gig progress lost when switching lots

Hero
@mkdark0 It's a known bug. Merged your post with the current report on it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 386 (2,717 Views)

Task and aspiration status progress not saving

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion packs, parenthood, dining, spa day, laundry, toddler, bowling, movie
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept a acting job that has required tasks (practice action scene, improve fitness, make friends with coworkers, etc.). Complete aspiration goals for first level of painter goal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Career tasks for acting jobs do not save after visiting another lot. The same is happening the with art lifetime aspiration.
What do you expect to see? I expect completed tasks to remain completed even after visiting other lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I complete a goal on one lot and it is marked correctly. When I go to another lot it reverts to "not started." This also means that I arrive at the acting studio with all goals marked "not started" even if I completed them at home. I recently noticed this same glitch with a sim with the painting aspiration. After she made an emotional painting she went to a bar. When she came home I checked her progress. There was no longer any progress in the aspiration meter. There wasn't even a check mark beside the requirement of having painting skill level 4 even though she has level 5.

Message 68 of 386 (2,658 Views)

Re: Sims 4 acting career gig progress lost when switching lots

★★★ Newbie

Some of the tasks can be redone on set, but researching emotions or building friendships with directors and costars are totally lost.

Message 69 of 386 (2,671 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Task and aspiration status progress not saving

Hero
@konnivingkoala merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 70 of 386 (2,631 Views)