Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by irunatbullets

Original Post

Hero
@epaor For the societies: Do the never complete or complete and then uncomplete ?

There's a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Society-tasks-not-completing/td-p/8434756

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 386 (4,710 Views)

★★★ Guide

This issue is happening to me as well. I am in the G.R.A.N. agency. I tried completing all prep tasks at home without going anywhere before my gig, just to see if maybe they would stay there (like when the Freelancer career was broken and you couldn't travel), but yes upon "traveling" to the studio lot all my progress was reset back to "Not Started". I also found that when my Sim had completed all her scenes the "Complete Performance" task did not fulfill. She had shot all her scenes, and it was behaving as if she still had more to shoot. I ended up just clicking "Leave Work Early" because she had like 3hrs left and I didn't want to sit there that long. The normal "Your Sim Has Completed All Their Scenes" came up, and she got paid and fame and stuff. Not sure if the not being able to complete the performance is related to this though, because that has happened to me before.

Message 22 of 386 (4,697 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is also happening to me, ever since I updated my game a couple of days ago. SO ANNOYING Frown

Message 23 of 386 (4,672 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Same happening to me last night. I didn't realise it was a bug until I noticed someone mention it on Reddit. I thought I'd either done something wrong, it they changed the way tasks had to be done.

Message 24 of 386 (4,635 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict They complete and then un-complete, especially when travelling. I think the issues might be linked.
Message 25 of 386 (4,605 Views)

Hero
@epaor Could you create a separate thread for those then. I don't know how many of the new reports are that then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 386 (4,604 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Has anyone had any luck with fixing the issue yet please?

Message 27 of 386 (4,586 Views)

Daily Task not staying Completed

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get Famous, City Living, cats and dogs, get to work, island living, parenthood, vampires, laundry day stuff, toddler stuff and vintage glamour stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a young adult and/or older sim to get a job that requires a daily task. Personally, it has been occurring more often in the acting career.
What happens when the bug occurs? If I complete the daily task/s and then travel to another location/save the game, leave and come back, it says that I did not complete the task/s.
What do you expect to see? The golden tick at the side of the bars/ no (not completed) after the name of the task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is a before and after one of the tasks are complete. (I had her travel from her house to a community lot).

Message 28 of 386 (4,301 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was able to max the career and get gold on performances, but it was because my sim had a distinguished honors drama degree and the fame perk for careers.  If you get your sim to a 5 star, and get the career perk, you will probably be able to complete gold performances and go through the career.

Message 29 of 386 (4,553 Views)

Re: Daily Task not staying Completed

Hero
@blahladididah This is a known issue for the actor career: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Actor-Prep-Tasks-reset-on-traveling/td-p/8533570/

Which other career did you test ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 386 (4,282 Views)