Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

by gracefoster1333

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@crinrictPsychotps I am having the same issue. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, because it is extremely frustrating.
Message 11 of 386 (8,904 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'm noticing in addition to traveling between lots, it's also resetting upon reloading the game. I have an Actor who I'm working on now, and when I reloaded the game this morning after completing his tasks, all his progress from the previous load was gone. It's even weirder when it's related to skills he's already mastered, since those tend to max-out progress upon getting the gig.

- B

Message 12 of 386 (8,874 Views)

Get Famous Prep Tasks Not Carrying Over to Gig

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except University, all game packs, just Patio Stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you pass an audition and schedule a gig, the prep tasks show up as normal. My sim will complete all the prep tasks and I'll join her to her gig, and when I open the career tab the prep tasks are labeled as "not started" even though I finished all of them beforehand.
What happens when the bug occurs? Since all of the prep tasks were erased and marked as "not started", the sim performs worse during the gig.
What do you expect to see? If the prep tasks were marked as "complete" they should stay "complete" when you join your sim on a gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except University, all game packs, just Patio Stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you pass an audition and schedule a gig, the prep tasks show up as normal. My sim will complete all the prep tasks and I'll join her to her gig, and when I open the career tab the prep tasks are labeled as "not started" even though I finished all of them beforehand.
What happens when the bug occurs? Since all of the prep tasks were erased and marked as "not started", the sim performs worse during the gig.
What do you expect to see? If the prep tasks were marked as "complete" they should stay "complete" when you join your sim on a gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 13 of 386 (8,835 Views)

Re: Get Famous Prep Tasks Not Carrying Over to Gig

★★ Novice
@ecpjordan I have the same issue but on PC, not mac. Seems it wont carry over to any lot. I was done with the prep and went to the flee market - prep disappeared.
This seems to have happened after the most recent update, it worked fine for me before it.

This even happens to the charisma prep task even though my sim has maxed out her charisma.
Message 14 of 386 (8,822 Views)

Hero
@ecpjordan Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 386 (8,808 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Also an issue on my end. I've taken out all mods (I have no cc), repaired it through Origin, switched agencies repeatedly, quit the job and rejoined, and nothing is working so far.
Message 16 of 386 (8,710 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@erisrising Yea, it's not a mod or CC issue, it's a game bug. I tried all of that and @crinrict was already able to reproduce it.

It's just my luck because I had just started a new playthrough in the acting career and now I can't continue it until this is fixed.
Message 17 of 386 (8,665 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@monicab94 i thought it was just me having this bug, this sucks. hopefully they fix it soon
Message 18 of 386 (8,660 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★ Apprentice

Can confirm this is happening with me, too. Bit gutted as I've only just bought this expansion to find the acting career is bugged - haven't tried other prep tasks for other active careers just yet.

Message 19 of 386 (8,573 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same happens to me. My sim is also a member of the secret society (Discover University) and the same thing happens to tasks for society.

Message 20 of 386 (8,546 Views)