Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take an acting gig, complete one of the Prep Tasks. Travel to another location.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon changing locations, completed prep tasks are no longer complete.
What do you expect to see? Completed prep tasks remain completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 12/12/19 update to 1.59.73.1020

Bug may be more widespread than just limited to Acting prep tasks. Entire acting career appears to be COMPLETELY borked. Have not tested with other careers yet. Completed prep tasks will no longer remain completed if traveling to another location.

Traveled to another location and task was no longer completed. In fact, my entire job panel was empty, like I wasn't even in a career. Tried re-joining the acting career but it wasn't listed. (Still in the career?) Cancelled the gig using the phone and the career panel re-appeared. Attempted to take another gig. Tried 4 out of the 7 available gigs, 3 of them wouldn't do anything. One did. Completed 1 of the 3 prep tasks and then traveled to another location, the one completed task was no longer completed.

Acting career no longer viable.

Other bug appears to be a corruption of that single sim. Prep task bug still a major issue.

Message 1 of 386 (48,470 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

Hero

Actor prep tasks will no longer reset on traveling.
- This is the second travel issue in the game… was it trying to tell us something?

Fixed in Patch 1.62.67

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 370 of 386 (14,762 Views)

All Replies

Re: Prep Tasks Broken in 12/12/19 patch

Hero
@Psychotps Which agency are you with ? Does that make a difference ? I can duplicate the prep task resetting but my career seems fine (quick test)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 386 (48,368 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict Was with the "Well suited" one. Will try changing.

But if the tasks get reset, the career is no longer usable because you are required to change lots when going to the gig, and once you change lots, you lose your progress.
Message 3 of 386 (48,360 Views)

Hero
@Psychotps Mine was in the Gran one .. it was the ones they fixed for the empty list issue. Let me know if the two higher ones work.

Still busy with other stuff.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 386 (48,349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrictTried all four agencies. Tried different gigs, different Prep tasks, travelling to different cities, different neighborhoods, different lot types...

If you complete a prep task and travel, the task will no longer be completed.

The Acting career is no longer able to be completed.

Will now try out other careers.

Edit 1: Work from home assignments in Conservationist career appears to be working fine.

Edit 2: Tried several other careers. Daily tasks, promotion tasks, work from home tasks appear to all be fine.  Looks like only Acting career is broken.

Message 5 of 386 (48,345 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Actor Prep Tasks reset on traveling

★ Apprentice
@crinrictPsychotps I am having the same problem in my game. It makes it impossible to get gold on an acting gig. It was working for me perfectly fine yesterday and only seems to be broken since the patch.
Message 6 of 386 (48,274 Views)

Bug in acting career

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work , Get together, Get Famous, Seasons, Cat and Dogs, City Living , Island Living, University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the acting career
What happens when the bug occurs? When i do a prep task and complete it and travel to another lots the task shows it hasn't been done when you do it and the issue repeats
What do you expect to see? The task should remain completed even when i travel
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Acting career bug

Message 7 of 386 (48,247 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Bug in acting career

Hero
@mukuroxi I merged your post with existing report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 386 (48,241 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I got the same problem after patching my game too. :/ Was completely fine before.
Message 9 of 386 (48,177 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got the exact issue after the same patch. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, super frustrating how fixes ironically cause more bugs and issues to appear.

Message 10 of 386 (48,151 Views)