[OPEN] [GF] Actor: Hair & Makeup doesn't change

by JCStormy2

Original Post

Re: Acting career: "Get Into Hair and Makeup" Issue

Hero
@crazycatlady422 OK. thanks for the info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 42 (2,219 Views)

Re: Acting career: "Get Into Hair and Makeup" Issue

★ Guide

I have had this issue with Sims using the new skin tones but when I go to full CAS edit and change their skin tones to one in the top two lines, which might be the old default skin tones, hair and makeup at Plumbob Studios works as it should. 

Message 22 of 42 (2,180 Views)

Re: [GF] Actor: Hair & Makeup doesn't change

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. My Sim is a female young adult spellcaster and she normally wears makeup, some of which is the Mac makeup, has one of the new pale blonde hair colors, and her skintone is the top left-most neutral skin tone. I changed her to the top left-most warm skintone to test another skintone, and while the makeup doesn't look like it changed the hair changed with that skinetone correctly. Before this she did several gigs where her hair and makeup stayed the same style and same color. I attached the screenshots of her when the makeup and hair did not change, and then one where it worked when I changed her skin tone to the warm top left one. These were on different gigs and on the second gig she wore her summer outfit with different lipstick, so I'm not sure if the makeup changed there or if it was just the hair.

Message 23 of 42 (2,105 Views)

Get Famous Hair and Makeup not working

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but batuu, dream home decorator, nifty knitting, and paranormal stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to work as an actor, click on "get into hair and makeup," see whether or not the sim will be put in hair and makeup
What happens when the bug occurs? sim's hair and makeup stays the same
What do you expect to see? new hair and makeup based on the gig
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i did the thing to troubleshoot where you start fresh with a new game. i used vanessa jeong and she got put in hair and makeup. i put my saves back in (only the saves folder, nothing else) and used the sim i noticed never got hair and makeup. it no longer worked. i wondered if for some reason it wasn't changing  because my sim is trans. i used cas.fulleditmode to change her to a feminine frame to see if it fixed the issue, but she still did not get into hair and makeup.

Message 24 of 42 (2,078 Views)

Re: Get Famous Hair and Makeup not working

★ Guide

Same here.
My actress sim doesn't get any change in her hair or makeup when on the gigs. She is white, but not the whitest white. I did try changing it to whiter still, but that didn't help matters. 
In a new save the hair and makeup works, and I tried another sim from the same family as my actress, a male sim, and for him it worked, too. 

Message 25 of 42 (2,025 Views)

Re: Get Famous Hair and Makeup not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just changed for one of the old skin tones and it worked as it should. But it is such a sad way to play it, and I doubt many would guess.

Message 26 of 42 (1,965 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Actor: Hair & Makeup doesn't change

★★★ Apprentice

I just want to point out that I have just started seriously doing the acting career for the first time recently. Tho I have done a gig or 2 in the past in the field of acting. Had no idea the hair and face where ment to change at all. Guess I have this problem too on my PC.

Message 27 of 42 (1,941 Views)

★ Novice

Any updates on this? Having the same issue. My sim is a very dark skin colour if that helps.

Message 28 of 42 (1,880 Views)

★ Apprentice

I apologize for my poor English.
I'm having the same problem. Tried the following with all MOD/CC removed.

My sim's skintone is the top left of neutral. At this color, the sim's makeup and hairstyle did not change. Also, in some costumes, hair disappeared (bald).
( hair disappearing problem, occurred with halloween costumes, too. )

After seeing this topic, I changed my sim's skintone to the top left of warm. Then the makeup and hairstyles were reflected. The costumes were also fine.

(I didn't try all the skintones...) The top of warm, second from the left, was also fine.

Slider doesn't seem to matter, worked.

Message 29 of 42 (1,794 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

sam thing has been happening to me & it's still not fixed. Frown

Message 30 of 42 (1,762 Views)