Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] 3 star celebrity defaults to the celebrity walkstyle

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.90.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, vampires, spa day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a sim to 3 star celebrity status, have the sim walk to a spot or wait for them to move on their own. This occurs in the sim's household and in public lots.
What happens when the bug occurs? at least 80 percent of the time, whenever the sim moves, they will do so in the celebrity walk style. Selecting the sim while they walk (i also tried it while she was stationary, just in case) does not bring up the option to walk normally.
What do you expect to see? My sim with 3-star celebrity status shouldn't be using the celebrity walkstyle at all. If the celebrity walkstyle can be used at a lower rank than Proper Celebrity, the option to walk normally should be present when i click on the sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent mandatory update to both Origin and The Sims 4.

Message 2 of 56 (10,637 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GF] Celebrity/Normal Walkstyle not persisting

Hero

Three star celebrity Sims will no longer use the celebrity walkstyle.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 48 of 56 (6,635 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
My sim is a level 3 celeb and she has that awful walk style and I don't have the option of turning it off because she is not supposed to have it.
Message 1 of 56 (10,572 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] 3 star celebrity defaults to the celebrity walkstyle

★ Guide

I've noticed it as well on one of my 3 star celeb sims. Started since the patch from December 18th.

Message 3 of 56 (10,521 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Also experiencing this. Very frustrating as I absolutely hate the celebrity walk style. Really wish they would've added it to the other walk styles instead of making it a toggle on your sim.

Message 4 of 56 (10,493 Views)

★ Pro

@deannsim1 wrote:
My sim is a level 3 celeb and she has that awful walk style and I don't have the option of turning it off because she is not supposed to have it.

I'm having the same problem. Level 3 celebrities have the celebrity walk and no way to turn it off. Going to try putting back the "no celebrity walk" mod.

Message 5 of 56 (10,468 Views)

Hero

Hi @DizzyDee-K

moved your post over to the thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 56 (10,419 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue too, my sim is a 3 star celebrity also. 

Message 7 of 56 (10,385 Views)

★ Pro

The "no celebrity walk" mod did fix the problem. 

Message 8 of 56 (10,351 Views)

celebrity walk...again

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1-48-94-1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? too many to mention
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim's young adult daughter who is a b lister went to an awards ceremony as she was up for an award.She arrived walking normally but when she left she had acquired the celebrity walk and there is no option in her pie menu to turn it off so I now have a sim with that stupid walk and no way of turning it off.
What do you expect to see? my sim walking normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

.‌..

Message 9 of 56 (10,150 Views)

★★★★ Novice

been getting this, too. and not just with my played sims. one tends to travel around with a crew of famous townies ranging from 1 to 4 stars and sometimes every single one of them will get hit with the 4 star fame walk at once. and if they're not 4 stars there's no option to turn the walk off

Message 10 of 56 (10,146 Views)