Re: [OPEN] Furniture is moved to the household inventory on loading

by SimShambles

Original Post

Re: Dream Home Decorator Content Issues

Champion

There's an easy way to solve this. Just save the room in which the furniture disappears in your library, delete the room and replace it with the saved copy. The furniture won't disappear again.

Message 101 of 176 (1,085 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Modular furniture is moved to the household inventory on loadin

★★ Novice

yes...

Message 102 of 176 (1,011 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Modular furniture is moved to the household inventory on loadin

★★★ Novice

So I found a loophole with the bug. It only seems to affect the modular objects labeled "acute." I switched all my blocks to the "rounded" labeled ones because I noticed my other rounded shelves weren't affected and VIOLA, no more bug. So the problem seems to be focused on the "acute" items and maybe some other DHD things like the earlier mentioned desk. I'll add that all my shelving is on the first floor as well so I don't think it's a floor issue. Something about those pointy edges just makes a sort of MOO style error occur. I'm just going to avoid them for now. Sharp edges are no fun anyway. 

Message 103 of 176 (901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a modular cube shelf with shelf items and reload the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The shelves and the items on them get placed in the household inventory when reloading the lot.
What do you expect to see? Placed items need to stay where they are.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

@Gagea25 You are a lifesaver! Thank you. This was driving me nuts.

Message 104 of 176 (823 Views)

Re: Cubbie Issues

★★★★★ Newbie

I am also having the same issue with the same conditions but not just for DHD but also with the new HSY pack.

Message 105 of 176 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Gagea25 That is a bad solution because when you delete the lot and replace it, all the crafts like paintings, excellent cooked food and everything else your Sims created will lose the name of who made it. Saved food will spoil again and you also have to upgrade everything again. I rather have this issue fixed without going through all this trouble.

Message 106 of 176 (659 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am also having this exact problem as of August 13, 2022. No CC, no moveobjects cheat used when placing them. The same few shelves disappear every time I load the lot. 

Message 107 of 176 (615 Views)

★ Apprentice
@LuvMySimz You're not supposed to replace the entire lot, just the room. You don't have to save the lot, just save the room the modular shelves are in and delete it, then add it back from the gallery.
Message 108 of 176 (573 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same for me. It's 17.8.2022 and I'm still having problems with the modular shelves from DHD disappearing from the wall and into your inventory after you reopen the game or load the lot. It's quite frustrating.

Message 109 of 176 (572 Views)

★ Pro
@PurpleCosmonauts that doesn't work either because when you rearrange something, everything is gone again. I don't want to use something that can't be touched. That is not what we paid for. I hope that this will be fixed some day.
Message 110 of 176 (556 Views)