Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Modular furniture is moved to the household inventory on loadin

by moxhollow

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Modular furniture is moved to the household inventory on loadin

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the issues with desks and computers, TVs and couches. 

They all go missing, sometimes while I'm playing the household. I'll

go into the living room and the couches are gone, and the computers are gone as well.

Very frustrating.

Message 81 of 176 (1,295 Views)

Dream Home Decorator - Square Cubbies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A lot - No StarWars, no kit, no strangerville, no University, stuff packs...a handful but not fitness stuff, not kids stuff, not perfect patio, not bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use "A Cute Cutie Cubbie" slotted with compatible objects in Dream Home Decorator
What happens when the bug occurs? The cubbies move from the build into the household inventory upon moving an active sim household from one lot into the lot where the mentioned items were initially placed
What do you expect to see? The items to remain in place when moving a new household into the pre-built lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The "Acutie Cute Cube Cubbie" and similar objects (basically the ones that slot into the mentioned cubbie) from the pack keep moving to household inventory (under buildmode) when I move my current Active Sim Household into a lot that I pre-built. As of 8:45 PM EST (USA) on April 1, 2022, it is still an issue for me.

I only seem to have issues with this item set.

I am on PC with my game fully updated, running on "laptop mode".

I'm strictly not using cheats in this play (I prefer playing without bb.moveobjects on) and I haven't yet tried to have moveobjects on to see if it would work around it.

The screenshot below is how I set up my current set of cabinets, but it seems to have issues not matter how much or how little I place on a lot (from my experience)

Message 82 of 176 (1,150 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator - Square Cubbies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

J'ai le même soucis, ils comptent le résoudre un jour ?

J'ai le même soucis avec les sabres laser.

I have the same problem, do they plan to solve it one day?

I have the same issue with lightsabers.

[CM - Edited w/ Google translation for English board]

Message 83 of 176 (1,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@bradleyic That sounds like a different bug. You should maybe start a new thread for that.

Message 84 of 176 (991 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Having this issue as well... Half of my modular shelves disappear into the household inventory along with the stuff inside of them...

Message 85 of 176 (965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Every time I leave my lot and come back, half of the module furniture I've placed ends up back in my household's inventory. I've moved the furniture, tried a new layout for the unit, and sold and rebought the same furniture and it keeps happening. I've only ever placed base game collectable objects on the module furniture (MySims Trophies and crystals) and have never used bb.moveobjects to place them, and they STILL end up back in my inventory. The modular furniture was the main reason I bought the pack in the first place, and it's not even usable. After 317 people said "Me Too" and 80 people replied to this thread, you'd figure that someone might actually take a look at this problem. Pretty frustrating. 

Message 86 of 176 (830 Views)

Champion

I literally only used 3 pieces of modular furniture to hang clothing from and display shoes today. The whole lot goes into the household inventory on travelling no matter how or where I place them. This pack has been broken long enough yet instead of focusing on fixing it, more bug filled packs were released. Then the priority switched to fixing the buggy PR nightmare that was Wedding Stories and so these bugs still remain.

The whole appeal of this pack for me was being able to design walk in wardrobes...which I have NEVER been able to do without this problem.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 87 of 176 (1,266 Views)

★★★ Guide

For me, at least, it seems to be to do with whether or not there are gaps in the shelving.

With all the shelves cubed together, I had no problems.

With them separated, parts jumped back into the inventory.

Also experiencing the issue with bunk bed and desk combos, but not always, and haven't managed to narrow down anything there.

Message 88 of 176 (1,251 Views)

★ Pro
@simsplayer818
“The whole appeal of this pack for me was being able to design walk in wardrobes...which I have NEVER been able to do without this problem.“
- That is exactly why I got this pack, but was never able to do so either because of this issue. But to be fair, I had this issue even before I purchased the pack that some clutter end up in the household inventory when you leave and come back.
Message 89 of 176 (1,250 Views)

Champion
@LuvMySimz Hey there, I never had this before buying the pack when it was released but I've found it affecting more things as time has gone on. I mentioned earlier on the thread it's now affecting the magic wand display cases and none of my wands stay put in my other magical households.
I used the Moschino pack in the end to create a walk in wardrobe today. I had to get creative with clothing racks. I'd had the modular shelves grouped together but none of it would stay put.
I love interior design. It's very frustrating, especially as the career is buggy too.
Let's hope someone gets it fixed soon.
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 90 of 176 (1,235 Views)