by RoxyLuffer

Original Post

[OPEN] Furniture is moved to the household inventory on loading

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? disappearing shelves - modular cubbies
What happens when the bug occurs? disappearing shelves - modular cubbies
What do you expect to see? when I go to play in the apartment, most of the modular cubicles dissapear - they go to sim's storage. If i put them back and save the game, every time i switch off the game and start it again, the problem reoccurs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this started after your last update (21/07/21)

when I go to play in the apartment, most of the modular cubicles dissapear - they go to sim's storage. If i put them back and save the game, every time i switch off the game and start it again, the problem reoccurs

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 176 (28,868 Views)

Re: furniture disappear after last update

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Same issue. Dream decorator modular shelving and clothes mostly get put into inventory every time I enter a lot. I add them again, save and they get put into inventory again next time I go into the lot. 

I tried removing all addons, restarting several times, even putting the moveobjects on cheat in case it was something odd with it, nothing I could do could make the items stay where I put them.

I have been using these lots since forever, this issue is only after the Cottage Living prepatch. It's super frustrating, basically unplayable for me because I have to rebuild every time I enter the lot.

I attached a screenshot with an example. All the items that are in the inventory were placed before. Even if I put them back they jump back into inventory after reentering the apartment.

The remote control was sitting on one of the bed sidetables. It's also jumping into inventory.

Message 2 of 176 (28,781 Views)

Dream Home Decorator objects removed when loading a lot

★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place items in Dream Home Decorator gamepack around alot,specifically the small shelves and the modular clothing racks + shelves , and when you restart the game you will receive a message stating that some objects were removed
What happens when the bug occurs? Items placed on small shelves and modular pieces of furniture such as clothing racks and shelves comboes will have their items removed upon loading the lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect not to find any placed object missing upon loading my game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch ( Cottage Living) could be the culprit in this case,but I am not sure.

As the compiled form states, whenever I load my lots,at least for the first time, the game will pop up the "one or more objects were removed" message and items from Dream Home Decorator will be removed from the game and end up in the household inventory.
This is unbeliavebly annoying  in my opinion.
No cheats were used - specifically, no bb.moveobjects was involved, at least specifically in the placing of those objects.
The small square shelves behave in a really odd way - they seem to arbitrarily form modular "clumps" of shelving that can be moved as a single item,but in doing so it causes the clutter placed in them to behave erratically, with some of the shelves deciding that you can't place your items there without any real reason.
The clothing items that can be attached to racks get removed and put in the household inventory, and subsequent attempts to put them up again are fruitless because, again, the game decides they can't be put there again for some reason, and eventually this ends in an ERROR CODE :
142:9a63747c:75c67bf9
No googling of this error code revealed any meaningful info for me.
Please provide assistance, workaround for this issues or a patch that fixes these problems

Message 3 of 176 (28,782 Views)

Re: [DHD] Modular furniture is moved to the household inventory on loading

★★★★ Novice

I had the same issue after updating the game with the Cottage Living update (though I do not have the Cottage Living pack). After a few frustrating loads of the game (trying without CC, and making sure MOO was on before loading the house) where the majority of my modular cubes (but not all) would go to the family inventory, I tried moving the rest of the cubes to my inventory as well and then selling them all. I then bought new cubes and placed those, and all of them stayed after I saved and reloaded.

I've now tried saving and reloading the game an extra time for good measure, and the cubes stayed in place this time.

Hopefully the bug can be fixed, but in the meantime this is at least working for me as a workaround.

Message 4 of 176 (28,700 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Modular furniture is moved to the household inventory on loadin

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue and it's so annoying  Frown Every time I load a lot previously placed modular furniture items have been moved to the household inventory 😔  Hopefully they fix this soon!

Message 5 of 176 (28,628 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Modular furniture is moved to the household inventory on loadin

★ Guide

I have parts of clothes and modular cube parts that randomly go into the House Inventory. Does it when loading into lot, both when first load into game and when traveling.
I do not use cc or mods. Have all packs except the kits and patched to recent update the other day that came out after cottage living.

Message 6 of 176 (28,598 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here. Something that I have noticed. I have a two story build. The ground floor modular cubbies have not changed at all. It has been the ones on the seoncd story (and mostly the ones closes to the ground). I was had two of the hanger cubes side by side and the one on the right kept disappearing. I attached it to the cubby on top of the left hanging cube and it hasn't disappeared to storage since I changed it. 

Also, tried with no mods on a test save.

Not sure when it started, I took a break and only recently came back with the cottage living release.

Message 7 of 176 (28,585 Views)

[ Edited ]

My modular shelves are fine but the desk from DHD behaves as described above when slotted under one of the bunkbeds. Only that not the desk is transferred into storage but the chair slotted to it and any decoration on it. I can put the items back into the room without issues but as soon as a rezone or load the game, they will go into storage again. When I use another desk, everything is fine.

Edit: I forgot to add that my modular shelves are also on the ground floor while the bunkbed is on the second floor. 

Message 8 of 176 (28,578 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this happening in my game too. I also had items my sims found on vacation that I placed in fridge and as decoration completely disappear. Not sure if it's related...

Message 9 of 176 (28,554 Views)
Highlighted

Cubbie Issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them: Kits, Stuff Packs, Game Packs, and Expansion Packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? set up 45 "The Acute Cutie Cube Cubbie by Be Modular" Cubbies, fill them all up, and leave the map.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cubbies will go into your house inventory, along with all the items.
What do you expect to see? My cubbies, and their contents, to remain on the wall and available for use when I need them. I'm using them for Realm of Magic Potion ingredients, frogs, crystals, apples, lemons, some Minerals, and fish and such.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

First Attachment The Screencap shows my house inventory, the 41 cubbies in my inventory, along with all my frogs, crystals, Fruit, and Figurines for Potion brewing It also shows my potion brewing room. I put things on the wall so I can use the Copy 
Second Attachment shows how I organize my items, and shelves.
I use the Copy Pasto spell to minimize the cost of ingredients.

Message 10 of 176 (28,468 Views)