by crinrict

Original Post

[FIXED] Fruits and vegetables in toddlers' inventories end up on floor

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put fruits and vegetables from your garden into your toddler's inventory and let him eat them.
What happens when the bug occurs? Suddenly all fruits and vegetables are lying on the floor - even if the inventory was empty because the toddler ate everything.
What do you expect to see? No fruits on the floor
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sorry, I am sure this was mentioned before, but I found no thread. This has happened 6 or 7 times in my game. I don't find a trigger, it seems random. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 31 (8,670 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Fruits and vegetables in toddlers' inventories

Champion (Retired)

I have also seen this a few times in my game, so can confirm that it happens.

Message 2 of 31 (8,525 Views)

Re: Fruits and vegetables in toddlers' inventories

Hero

Can't duplicate this. Does it have to be fruit from trees ? I tried from seed packs.

Any specific fruit/veggies ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 31 (8,489 Views)

★ Apprentice

This has happened to me! The fruits are forced onto the ground, and I also notice the hunger it gave is suddenly gone as well, it goes back as if the fruit was not eaten as all. For me, I only did it with Mushrooms.

Message 4 of 31 (8,482 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hm, trying to remember, I think it was apples or tomatoes, small red things!
I think I gave them to my toddler directly from my inventory to his (harvestables, not from seed pack), he ate them, I saved and exited the game, and later when I came back to my game i noticed them on the floor... It happened twice, and I tried making it happen again but I left my hometown for a few weeks over Christmas and my laptop is weak so I can't try it again for a while :/

Message 5 of 31 (8,474 Views)

Hero

Guess I'll add this for the amount of reports

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 31 (8,463 Views)

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 31 (8,415 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It also happens to me too, sometimes. I'll try to have the toddler eat a fruit, he will, and it'll be on the floor or back in the inventory like he never ate it, though he sure did ... Odd, though not crippling the game.

Message 8 of 31 (8,400 Views)

Eaten produce ends up in toddler's inventory after traveling

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Feed a toddler raw produce (place on ground, then click "Eat") and then travel.
What happens when the bug occurs? The produce the toddler eats ends up in the toddler's inventory after traveling.
What do you expect to see? The produce should not reappear in the toddler's inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Similar to this issue. I'm sorry if it's too similar to warrant a new post about it.

I removed all custom content and mods and tested it with a clean "The Sims 4" folder in Documents. I'm planning on testing it on my PC when I have time, but for now I've only run into the problem on my Mac. I also only tested it with eating sage, but in my save with CC/mods it occurred with any fruit or vegetable I fed the toddler.

Message 9 of 31 (8,313 Views)

Re: Eaten produce ends up in toddler's inventory after traveling

Hero
@mooncattes

They do sound related to me.

I've merged for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 31 (8,302 Views)