[FIXED] Friendship immediately maxes out after introduction

by May0Shark

Original Post

Re: From Strangers to Instant Good Friends After Introduction Bug

★ Pro

My Sim's gaining +20 relationship even before greeting. Rel gain from introduction itself seems normal.

Message 31 of 59 (4,395 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I clicked me too! But how can I add/merge a bug report to show what I own and what I've tried? Or can I just basically type the form up in a new reply?
Message 32 of 59 (4,346 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Friendship immediately maxes out after introduction

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Spa Day, Journey to Batuu, Kids Room, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cheerful/Friendly Introduction -> Continue with friendly/funny interactions.
What happens when the bug occurs? As soon as I make an introduction, the friendship bar jumps to Good Friends or more. One or two interactions after that it's nearly maxed out.
What do you expect to see? Friendship shouldn't be maxed out immediately after introduction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 10th update. Removed mods/cc. Repaired game. Deleted the local cache file.

More Information

I noticed only after I opened my current save file where I'm raising twins. These twins maxed out their skills before aged up to a teenager. Now they have almost maxed friendships with every NEW sim they interact with. However, it seems established sim relationships from before the patch are unaffected. As my one sims crush and him have a normally progressing friendship. But he goes to introduce himself to a new sim and boom. Instant bff?? They also gained a good reputation out of nowhere. They had zero reputation from what I remember last week when I opened the game.... so that was weird.

I've deleted my mods and CC. Repaired the game. Deleted the local cache.

I started a new save file with randomly generated sims and random traits. Plopped them into a random house in Willow Creek. Went up to a sim, and the bar jumped to about 25% full instantly after an introduction. Tried a new sim in a separate and new save file, same issue. Happens on any lot regardless of skills, traits, or lot traits.

Attaching images of my current sims in my save file this first occurred in.

Message 33 of 59 (4,340 Views)

Hero
@AhnzoVincente I see you managed to do it :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 59 (4,331 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Friendship immediately maxes out after introduction

★ Pro

I think I'm having this problem too, or at least I started out with this problem after the patch--friendships are building way too fast. But suddenly the issue leveled up.

While playing yesterday, my sims started maxing out friendships without even introducing themselves. They were in a karaoke bar, and every time a new stranger arrived, that stranger would become friends with one of my sims instantly. The longer the stranger stayed, the stronger the friendship became. A few maxed out, and one of them even maxed out when the stranger sim was in a different room of the bar from my sim. Somehow they became bffs through a wall? My sims never spoke to any of these strangers. I finally took my sims home before they ended up with two dozen total strangers as bffs.

(I don't have Snowy Escape.)

Message 35 of 59 (4,270 Views)

★ Guide
I believe the issue was present prior to Snowy Retreat pre-patch. Just not as noticeable.

I tried Vampires for one more time a month ago. Leveled my Vampire a little, took 'negative Friendship upon greeting new sim' disadvantage. Did some handshakes, noticed that Friendship bar became almost completely red upon first meeting - and it was OK. As intended and exactly as it worked year ago.

Then, after leveling Charisma a little, I noticed that upon even neutral greeting Friendship bar became way less negative for new acquaintances.

'Extra friendly' introduction from maxed Charisma skill effectively negated Vampiric disadvantage by boosting Friendship to, I believe, 75% upon use o_o

Didn't paid attention to it since there are other weird interactions which cancel out other Vampiric Disadvantages now (like 'never tense' / 'never embarrased' reward traits disabling Guilty Drinker disadvantage now - it didn't worked that way a year ago) so I thought this feature-with-friendship was intended.

Didn't tried it after Snowy Retreat pre-patch but I guess that Friendship boost will become even higher now - even if mentioned Vampiric Disadvantage is active.

Someone probably ruined a variable in on-becoming-acquainted Friendship level calculation few months ago - and Sentiments update added something near that variable which finally made an impact from that borked formulae part clearly visible.
Message 36 of 59 (4,268 Views)

Sims automatically become good friends

★ Novice

Sometimes when I introduce my sim to another they just instantly become good friends. This happens like 50% of the time.

Message 37 of 59 (4,263 Views)

Re: Sims automatically become good friends

Hero
@martatata36 Merged your post with the bug report on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 59 (4,256 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue as well, sort of. My friendships always start at about 20% positive and it stays on green even if i do a rude introduction. I have disabled all my mods and reinstalled the game, and deleted the localthumbcache several times and the problem is still there in every new save i make. I don't have the newest expansion. please resolve the game is very boring when it's this easy.

Message 39 of 59 (4,169 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same issue after the update and I've noticed when I hover my mouse over any sim in the surrounding area to check their name, the sim I'm controlling automatically gains relationship with them. 

Message 40 of 59 (4,020 Views)