Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Friendship immediately maxes out after introduction

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet, Journey to Batuu and Backyard Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Doing a friendly introduction with other sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? As soon as I've used any introduction, the friendship bar immediately maxes out.
What do you expect to see? Friendship shouldn't be maxed out immediately after introduction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 10th update.

As soon as my sim introduces themselves to any new sim, their relationship immediately maxes out. This happens with any introduction, including "funny" or "friendly." The romance bar also immediately maxes out as soon as my sim attempts any romantic interactions. I have taken out all my mods. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 59 (5,920 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Relationships and interactions are broken

Hero

Fixed an issue in which relationship points gained by friendly introductions were more
than usual if Simmers didn’t have Snowy Escape installed.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 59 of 59 (3,757 Views)

All Replies

Re: Friendship immediately maxes out after introduction

Champion
@May0Shark does this only happen to a specific sim or every sim you make? Are you sure this isn't an intentional thing, like having a sim with the incredibly friendly reward trait which makes any good introduction start with a massive friend boost, like 50 bar full, combined with something like a pristine reputation which also magnifies relationships?
Message 2 of 59 (5,892 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

It happens to every sim I make. My sim had the lazy trait, loves cats trait and geek. His aspiration is computer whiz. He doesn't have any reward traits and he didn't have a pristine reputation. It started with a new save. So I made a different sim with different traits (Loner, Creative, Loves the Outdoors) which a different aspirations (Curator) and the same thing still happens. I'm currently trying to repair my game to see if it makes any difference. This was happening last night, so I turned off my PC, went to bed and tried again this morning but the same thing was happening. I took out all my mods/cc before updating to the latest patch and didn't put any back in because I knew they'd need fixing to work with the latest update. So it's definitely not a mod or cc issue. 

Message 3 of 59 (5,890 Views)

Hero
@May0Shark Did you delete the localthumbcache file as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 59 (5,886 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I always delete the localthumbcache file before I start up my game. 

Message 5 of 59 (5,884 Views)

Hero
@May0Shark Could you test a new save to see if it's save game related or a general issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 59 (5,879 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll give it a shot. I'm just repairing my game through origin right now to see if that fixes the problem. 

Message 7 of 59 (5,877 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I seem to have fixed it by repairing my game! Must have been a glitch with the save! Thank you for your help!
Message 8 of 59 (5,844 Views)

From Strangers to Instant Good Friends After Introduction Bug

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs EXCEPT for Snowy Escapes, Journey to Batuu, Moschino Stuff, My First Pet Stuf, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, and Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game and have your sim introduce themselves. I was playing with a sim with the traits: Cheerful, Goofball, and Maker. I've yet to try this with a sim with different traits.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the sim introduces themselves the relationship with that sim is at a mimmin1/4 friendship to maxing out the bar. They basically go from complete strangers to good friends after just an introduction.
What do you expect to see? I feel the game is a bit broken now as my sim needs to put little to no effort into making friends and everyone he talks to becomes his friend. There is no more challenge.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch you guys launched on 11/10/20 I believe. All of my mods have been disabled. Only had 5 percent chance of risky whoo-hoo in my folder and that's it.

After the latest patch released around 11/11/20 I updated my game, made a new sim, moved him into Evergreen Harbor and the Greenburg's came over to welcome him to the neighborhood.

Upon talking to them my sim automatically became friends with all three of them. Like introduction then BOOM FRIENDS! Weird right? Then later on Francine Spencer stopped by and upon just saying hello to her BOOM instant GOOD FRIEND with maxed out relationship bar! Random Townie vendor selling fruits and veggies, introduction instant 1/4 of the bar get full. I've had sims with the traits: goofball and cheerful before but never got this kind of strong reaction from other sims. It's game-breaking for me as I like developing relationships over time. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Also side note: I only have one mod installed (called risky whoo-hoo set to 5 percent) and it was disabled before I created this sim.

Message 9 of 59 (5,824 Views)

Re: From Strangers to Instant Good Friends After Introduction Bug

Hero
@Sphire_Ziemia Merged this with another thread on this.

Could you try repairing your game and deleting localthumbcache ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 59 (5,817 Views)