[FIXED] Freelancer: Tasks not getting checked

by LeslieMusimenta

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: Tasks not getting checked

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've also found out that if you sell all your computers in buy mode when you are doing an action then undo the sell you will be able to reset your computer related gig tasks but won't lose the upgrades you have on your machine.   For example, encrypt files reset when I did this.  Hope this helps someone out.

Message 61 of 133 (1,814 Views)

Re: Freelancer approved work not registering

★★★ Novice

You have to do that by selecting the option under your freelancer menu, if that helps.

Message 62 of 133 (1,774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@WhisperPntr I mean I can see how that would be handy in this context but.... isn't that a bug in on itself?

Message 63 of 133 (1,856 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Windows PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Seldom (once so far, but I was watching for it)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - Parenthood, Perfect Patio, Realm of Magic, Spa Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to a different lot, with a Freelance Artist gig in progress, but not completed.

What happens when the bug occurs? Paintings on the Tablet of the required type finish and appear in my Sim's inventory but are not credited toward the number of pieces required. Submitted paintings are accepted or rejected, but accepted work is not credited toward project completion. Also, the deadline for the project shifted from Wednesday (before I travelled) to Saturday (after I had returned home).
What do you expect to see? Completed paintings credited toward the total required for completion, accepted submissions credited toward project completion, deadlines to remain consistent.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes - tuning mods to discourage autonomous Make A Drink at home bar, mods to replace English-language text on Sims clothing with Simlish.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I have only encountered it since the most recent Oct. 3 Sims 4 PC patch. 

My Sim ceased to register progress on an active Freelance Artist gig, when I had him travel to another lot while the gig was in progress.  His spouse received an invitation to visit parents (which I accepted in the mistaken impression that they were asking to visit my active household). When instead the spouse appeared at their home, I used the "manage inactive sim" icon to bring my Freelancer along for the visit. 

After returning home, my Freelancer attempted to complete the gig, but no matter how many Environmental Concept paintings I produced on his tablet, his total completed showed as 2/3, and no many how I successfully submitted, his total showed as 1/3.  

I had sold, rather than attempt to edit, one rejected Concept. It is faster to produce an entirely new painting than to edit rejected content. I mention this just in case it somehow plays into how the gig becomes broken.

I abandoned the gig after determining no progress was being made. A gig taken subsequently, and completed without leaving the lot, progressed and credited successfully.

Message 64 of 133 (1,844 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

me too! i thought i was going crazy! spent hours - twice - writing a book, submitted it, it was "exactly what they were looking for" then the next morning it said i only had a few hours until the gig would expire. i didn't get credit from the gig and didn't have the book any more to submit again or sell on my own to a publisher. it is quite frustrating. i was able to get credit for the gig if my Sim sat and wrote the entire assignment uninterrupted without getting up (using cheats to fulfill needs). my guess is maybe when Sims start and stop writing a book, for example, the "resume" prompt is only found under Writing and not under Freelancer so the career doesn't recognize it? i'm not sure...just my best guess. guess my Sim will just be an author for now.

Message 65 of 133 (1,750 Views)

Anonymous

Been unable to complete the mail cooked Kuala Pork task. Cooked it, mailed it... failed it.

Message 66 of 133 (1,744 Views)

Re: Fashion Photographer: tasks are not checked

★★★ Novice
@LeslieMusimenta It's not just when needing five photos. I had a gig where the first task was take a picture in front of a backdrop. I tried -- 10 pics in front of the straight backdrop, the curved backdrop, the backdrop built into the photo studio, and even the canvas drape. 40 photos, and I couldn't get the task marked complete.
Message 67 of 133 (1,705 Views)

Re: Freelance Career/ Event Bug

Hero
@Wamakai Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 133 (1,683 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you. I had been notified.

Message 69 of 133 (1,621 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm also having the same problem.

I complete freelance tasks, but they don't get ticked off and I fail the gig.

Message 70 of 133 (1,511 Views)