Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: Tasks not getting checked

by simvasion

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I'm having an issue with things not being checked as well.

I'm in the freelancer career in the programmer track. I am clicking talk to client and nothing ever gets checked even though my sim has completed this task several times. I will receive the correct blue moodlet that shows that the talking was successful but no check mark will happen. I changed the computer but it still didn't work. 

My Sim is a wizard and is using a library comptuter in Windenburg. 

So, either: Wizards can't do freelance careers

or: Off lot computers don't work

Message 31 of 133 (10,966 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@ynyng wrote:

So, either: Wizards can't do freelance careers

or: Off lot computers don't work

It's travelling while the gig is active; that breaks the tracking.

If you exit the save back to world view and then reload back in, you should be able to complete the tasks... until you travel off the lot again.

I've just started taking gigs and then completing them right away before deciding to go anywhere as a workaround until the issue gets fixed.

Message 32 of 133 (10,959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hello, everyone I want to let you know something I learned with the freelancer careers since I been playing it for a while in Island living, the directions are pretty self explanatory, but short and sometimes confusing.

When I got my first job I failed, because I didn't see after the first one was approved and accepted that there is a scroll down arrow that lists how many of the tasks are fully completed and approved.  I got the same job again and I noticed it.

They will give you the first  task and than once its approved it will pop up the rest of the task below.  One Job I had to create 3 different icons for a computer game company and each of them had to be summited for approval.  Your job will not complete until all required task that pop up after that first one is summited is approved edited rejected approved again and again.  Rejected pictures and paintings should be in your digital sketch pad for editing and summiting again, this may be why the pictures don't come back.  Once you shore up the picture it will reappear in your inventory again with send for approval.

The format is pretty simple for all of them:

Freelancer:

1. pick a agent

2. pick a gig

2.a take or paint picture of something.

2.b summit for approval, if accepted picture disappears from inventory, if not picture stays in inventory and loaded to the digital sketchbook for editing, I it was created by a camera you may have to upload it to the sketchbook for editing, than summit it again if approved, you get 2 more paintings you have to get approved and edited.

3. the goal will expand after the first painting picture is produced, edited or approved, will expand into 1/3 pictures/paintings approved, 1/3 pictures edited, this goal does not have to be completed as not all painting/ or pictures will need edited to be approved.

There are some other items that come up, but I can't remember what they are, I am not currently playing that family in my game right now.  I never had problems going to a different place or world and I came back and the pictures and paintings are still there.  It may loose track when your traveling if one of the pictures are being edited and not in your inventory when you travel to different worlds but should return to normal after you return home. 

Message 33 of 133 (10,941 Views)

unable to complete task: Submit photo to client for approval

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, City Living, Groups, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dining Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino, Kids stuff, movie hangout, spooky stuff, perfect patio, free stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? taking photos of subject, submitting photo for clients approval, Even after having client approves photo; the game doesn't register the Task "submit photo for client approval" is complete.
What happens when the bug occurs? Photography Rep goes down due to this task not being "complete" even after sending photo to client for approval.
What do you expect to see? Game registering task complete after submitting photo to client for approval.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The Sims™ 4 9_14_2019 10_53_53 AM_LI.jpg

Message 34 of 133 (10,895 Views)

Re: Fashion Photographer: tasks are not checked

★★★★ Novice

It's the main objectives for me i.e. take a photo in front of a backdrop, 5 photos etc. I can get approval ok.

Message 35 of 133 (10,890 Views)

Re: Freelancer approved work not registering

★ Novice

Having the same issue with my game. The final tasks for my freelance programmer gigs will not get marked as complete, despite finishing the task multiple times then the job will time out and my sim doesn't get paid. The tasks before it work fine, it's just the final one will not register as being completed. 

Message 36 of 133 (10,860 Views)

Fashion photography career tasks don’t complete

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs except for laundry day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the freelance fashion photography career and try any of the gigs involving tripods, studio lighting, or backdrops.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game doesn’t register I’ve completed a task.
What do you expect to see? The game should realize I’ve completed the task, and check it off appropriately.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is my first time trying the freelance fashion photography career. The normal jobs that just involve certain outfits or poses work fine. But the special ones that call specifically for studio lights, backdrops, or tripods don’t work. The game doesn’t register that I’ve completed a task, and it stays on 0/1 or however many. 

I’ve tried photographing with/without the tripod, choosing “photograph sim on mark” and just “photograph sim”. I’ve tried models both in and outside my household. Ive tried photographing sims both on my home lot and on community lots. I’ve read all the information on the gig that I’m given but I'm not seeing any details I’m missing. Nothing works. The tasks simply won’t complete.

As it is, the career is pretty much unplayable since there’s no way to tell if a gig will involve studios before taking the gig, and canceling a gig damages work performance. 

Message 37 of 133 (10,820 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Freelancer: Tasks not getting checked

EA Sims Team

@dolldrms1 

Thank you for the file!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 38 of 133 (10,740 Views)

Re: Freelancer tasks not being marked as completed if household sims travel

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I did all kind of things, travelled. Then cancelled and didn't travel.
I'm kind frustrated cause at this point, no gigs ever work for my sims. Bare in mind that I've only tried with the photography career and the problems started with the last update.
Message 39 of 133 (10,683 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problems. I tried the freelance digital artist career for the first time and so far I've had to dump several jobs because the tasks just aren't getting checked as complete despite my sim accomplishing them. Its completely random though, because I have been able to successfully complete some jobs, but then others I can't because of this issue. 

I think this is recent, because when I played a month ago with a sim with the freelance programmer career he had no issues getting all his tasks checked and completed. Hopefully this problem can be fixed soon; in the meantime I can't play freelancer in this state. 

Message 40 of 133 (10,626 Views)