Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Freelancer: Tasks not getting checked

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Unable to complete Freelancer items after traveling to Magic Realm

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept job as Freelancer (Computer Programmer), Choose a Gig, Before completing any required items to finish gig travel to magic realm. Return to your house and attempt to complete necessary items. You can do items requested but they are not shown as complete for job.
What happens when the bug occurs? Eventually job will end itself and your sim will be negatively impacted by the incomplete job.
What do you expect to see? When I try to complete items for Freelancer (Computer programmer) Job after traveling to the Magic Realm. The items do not show completed on the job toggle. For example, after visiting the Magic Realm I return home and attempt to finish a gig by making a website or chatting with client and it never registers with my job. Eventually the job times out and my sim is negatively impacted by not finishing the gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I try to complete items for Freelancer (Computer programmer) Job after traveling to the Magic Realm. The items do not show completed on the job toggle.

For example, after visiting the Magic Realm I return home and attempt to finish a gig by making a website or chatting with client and it never registers with my job. Eventually the job times out and my sim is negatively impacted by not finishing the gig.

Message 21 of 133 (6,030 Views)

Re: Unable to complete Freelancer items after traveling to Magic Realm

★ Novice

Me too-- but I am also experiencing this problem with the Digital Artist freelance career. 

More Info: 

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept job as Freelancer (Digital Artist), Choose a Gig, Before completing any required items to finish gig travel to the magic realm. Return to your house and attempt to complete the necessary tasks. You can do items requested but they are not shown as complete for the job.
What happens when the bug occurs? Eventually, the job will end itself and your sim will be negatively impacted by the incomplete job. 
What do you expect to see?  I want to be able to complete freelancer tasks so my performance isn't negatively impacted. I have no problem actually doing the required action but it doesn't count in the Freelance required task list. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After Downloading ts4 Realm of Magic

Message 22 of 133 (6,004 Views)

Re: Unable to complete Freelancer items after traveling to Magic Realm

Hero
@Kutriel Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 133 (5,977 Views)

Sep,12,2019 Freelance Career Bugs Still

★★ Apprentice

So I started the Freelance career as and nothing would check off as complete even though I did my task. So I deleted some mods some traits and aspirations I had and went back into the game and the freelance career started to work properly. I was able to encrypt 2 out of 5 files and then it stopped checking off after that. I repaired my game, cleared cache etc. removed mods

and did research on other things to try but nothing is working. This seem like a really good career but I cannot complete the job in time because of whatever bugs is going on. Please help.

Message 24 of 133 (5,945 Views)

Re: Sep,12,2019 Freelance Career Bugs Still

Hero
@SimDiva1 It's unfortunately a known issue if you go traveling when the task is open.

I merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 133 (5,938 Views)

Re: Sep,12,2019 Freelance Career Bugs Still

★★ Apprentice

Solution: So I took all cc out and I tried career again. (Freelancer Programmer)

This time I noticed that a messaged popped up for My sim saying:

(Oh no, something went wrong with the encryption! The file got corrupted and can't be opened at all anymore. Luckily, you were able to revert it back to the original. Please try again.)

So I had my sim try it again and it checked off. So apparently when we encrypt a file there is a 50 50 chance that it will be either successful or not. If it is not successful then our sims should keep trying until it checks off I believe. So i added my cc back in and tried it again and it WORKED WITHOUT A HITCH. For the first time she completed the entire job without any problems.

Message 26 of 133 (5,926 Views)

Re: Fashion Photographer: tasks are not checked

★ Novice

Having same issue. Take a Photo of multiple child Sims in Formal Wear. I've taken like 30 pics and still at 0/5

Message 27 of 133 (5,924 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrictLeslieMusimenta I'm having a similar issue. My first task got checked off ( Take a photo of sims in swim wear) but my other two tasks aren't being checked off even after I've gotten the notification that my photo has been approved and posted the photo to fashion instagram.
Message 28 of 133 (5,902 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this issue, could anyone possibly share a save file with me? Thanks so much! 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 29 of 133 (5,872 Views)

★ Pro

@SimGuruNick

Here is link to my save file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsZLFY7em2gr3j8frVAU57GkXPl4?e=iVeFTt  File name is dolldrms1FreelancerNoTaskCheck.rar I have included the .save file and the Ver0 file as well, since I think you'll have to roll back to it to see the issue.

When you load the .save go to Claire Charming hh in Brindleton Bay. She will be at Quad Manor library in Windenburg. I had her paint the portrait at home on the sketchpad and travel to the library to study the reference images. She did the study and the task did not complete. However, if you simply have her do it again, it will be checked off because I had saved and exited the game after the task wouldn't complete after traveling to the library and she won't have traveled when you first load her.

If you roll back to the Ver0, you may be in the Jolina hh so just travel to Charming in Brindleton Bay. Save and exit as I did after doing so. When you reload, to follow same steps I did, paint portrait at home, travel to library to study images = task won't check off as completed. If you then save and completely exit the game, reload and tell her to do it again, task will check off.

There is also a last exception file included in the .rar. I have no idea why it generated. Before I had her travel to the library she hadn't left her lot but a random, unknown sim had just walked into the hh, looked like to scold my sim's dog. I couldn't get an option to appear to ask her to leave after an introduction so I ended up just traveling to the library leaving the sim in the house. Perhaps that's why the LE? Don't know, it looks like an LE I've seen several times since installing the 1.55 patch and I have no clue why it's occurring.

Message 30 of 133 (5,841 Views)