Re: Freelancer career bug: tasks not completed after traveling to different lot

by beau93sam

Original Post

Freelancer career bug: tasks not completed after traveling to different lot

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: all of them except Island Living GPs:all of them except Strangeville Stuff packs: All of them except; Luxury Party, Halloween, Pet stuff and Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? start freelancer career - get an assigment. complete the first task and then travel to another lot to do the next task. the next task won't get completed.
What happens when the bug occurs? I started freelancer artist career - got a job assignment - started doing the tasks. If in between tasks I go to a different lot the next task done on that lot won't be completed. My sim will do the task but it never gets the checkmark of being completed. If he stays on the same lot to do all tasks there is no issue.
What do you expect to see? The task completed automatically.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started freelancer artist career - got a job assignment - started doing the tasks.
If in between tasks I go to a different lot the next task done on that lot won't be completed. My sim will do the task but it never gets the checkmark of being completed.
For instance I have a job where I have three tasks:
1) to study reference images
2) create a forgery
3) submit to be approved.
So my sim went to the library to find a computer (He does not have one at his house), did his research. Then I noticed he doesn't have the sketchpad with him so he travelled back to his home lot and started to work on his painting - he finished it too, but the job task did not get completed in the work tab. Therefore if the time runs out the job will be uncompleted and failed.

This problem occurs every time when I travel to a new lot before finishing the job / in between tasks.
Only saving and exiting and loading up the lot again helps me to continue the jobs. 

Message 11 of 133 (9,342 Views)

Hero
@xEmalinex Merged your post as there seems currently a general issue with checking stuff off for freelancer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 133 (9,332 Views)

Freelancer tasks not being marked as completed if household sims travel

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1050
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them excerpt for Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim join the Freelancer career and get a gig. Send the sim or another sim in that sims household to another lot then, either on the lot they visited or their home lot, get the freelancer to work on the tasks for the gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? The progress for for the gig will no longer be recorded in the UI and it is impossible to complete the gig.
What do you expect to see? The tasks should be marked off in the UI as they are completed even if the freelancer sim or a household member travels while the gig is being worked on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is happening for all of the base game freelancer careers, I haven't tried the fashion photographer career (my screenshots folder has 5 years of screenshots in it) but I expect it will be the same.

The only way to complete a gig is for the lot where the gig was obtained to be loaded for the entire length of time while the household is being played with (switching to another household and switching back is ok.)

I haven't been playing the Sims 4 for several months as I have been playing in the Sims 3 Apocalypse Challenge tournament but the Freelancer career was working alright back in June before Island Living came out. (I had some sims work on gigs while they were visiting Selvadorada)

I have mods turned off for several months.

Message 13 of 133 (9,320 Views)

Re: Freelancer tasks not being marked as completed if household sims travel

Hero

Tagging @LeslieMusimenta  and @simvasion to see if they also went traveling while the task was active.

I did in my test to gather some children around the world :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 133 (9,308 Views)

★ Pro

Freelancer career, Digital Artist does seem to be impacted by recent patch. Last week I put a sim into the career and took the portrait gig first. He was on the poorer side so had him do the portrait, then go to a community lot with a computer to chat with client before submitting for approval. Gig completed just fine.

This week after installing the new patch, I attempted to do the same scenario in a different save that is actually on a different computer. The chat with client would not complete. I then tried adding a computer to the home lot after returning from the library but task still wouldn't complete. Saving, exiting and restarting didn't solve it in my case. I gave up and canceled the gig.

I then took the gig to create 3 logos for the client. It occurred to me that perhaps some coding in the new patch somehow now made it so that each task had to be completed in full, sequentially from top to bottom. Hence, I did everything in order, studied reference images, then drew all three logos, named them and submitted for approval. The gig completed just fine. I think simvasion is referring to the same gig I was able to successfully complete, making me wonder if perhaps the task list was not done sequentially, i.e. did one icon and submit it without having done all 3 drawings, intending to do the second drawing later. If it is the same gig and if that is what you did @simvasion , it lends credence to my theory about the need to now have to do tasks in full, sequentially, which wasn't the case prior to new patch. I also can't say for sure if travel played any role in triggering the issue with the gig I had to cancel. With whims, exiting and restarting allows whims to work again on the home lot in my game but it did nothing to help me with completing a task for what turned out to be a doomed gig.

Message 15 of 133 (9,294 Views)

Champion
@crinrict my sims travel all the time, because of festival invites, dates and that kind of thing. When I returned, the sim with the gig tried chatting with client on the computer and it wasn't registering. So I saved and quit in frustration.

Today I've reloaded it from that point, and the chat with client succeeded. I haven't travelled off the lot yet since reloading, so that could confirm that perhaps after travelling the event logging for task completion stops until you reload the entire save/or game client?
Message 16 of 133 (9,271 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Freelancer: Tasks not getting checked

★★★ Newbie

This happened with all of my freelancer careers I have the programmer, writer, and artist and none of their tasks get checked either even though there is a notification saying it was approved except on programmer.   

Message 17 of 133 (9,257 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I am having the same issues with the Freelance Programming career. My sim never leaves the lot. But the bug didn’t happen until I maxed out the performance bar for the first time. It’s the first time I’ve tried any of the freelance careers and it doesn’t work properly. I hope they fix this soon

Message 18 of 133 (9,222 Views)

Photography Freelance bug

★ Novice

The patch fixed approved photos arriving in the mail. Now my photos will not upload to fashion simstagram. I am using the computer. My photos are in my inventory. My sim uploads to fashion simstagram but my gig won’t complete and my sim doesn’t get paid. Have taken out mods/cc, doesnt help 

Message 19 of 133 (9,219 Views)

Re: Photography Freelance bug

Hero
@goddessVenus10 Merged your post with current bug report on this.

There seems to be an issue with fulfilling freelancer tasks when you go travelling in between.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 133 (9,183 Views)