Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Freelancer: Tasks not getting checked

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - All pack extensions, - Go To Work, Vampire, Parenthood and Strangerville - Kitchen stuff, luxury stuff, vintage accessories, bowling, toddlers stuff, laundry day and moschino - All free packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whilst taking a gig when you're an independant fashion photographer
What happens when the bug occurs? None of the tasks get checked
What do you expect to see? The tasks to get checked when they are done
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have an issue with the tasks as a photographer in the Moschino Pack. 

See, for example, I take a gig and have to take pictures of kids in fancy clothes. (They asked for five) and I do those and none of them get checked. 

Am I the only one with issue? Can we fix it?  

Message 1 of 133 (35,331 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Freelancer: Tasks not getting checked

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where Freelancer Career tasks would not complete after Sims would Travel.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

If you're on console, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-PS4-Freelance-Artist-tasks-not-marked-as-completed...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 126 of 133 (26,820 Views)

All Replies

Re: Fashion Photographer: tasks are not checked

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LeslieMusimenta Is that the only one or what others aren't working ?

I will test this but the task says to take a picture of multiple child Sims wearing formal. Do you have more than one in the picture ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 133 (35,234 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That’s the only thing not working.

I’ve tried with multiple kids and just one kid at a time, none of them seem to be right.

Message 3 of 133 (35,230 Views)

Hero
@LeslieMusimenta Yeah, doesn't seem to work for me either. Changed the title to reflect which gig it is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 133 (35,212 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's not just that gig, it's pretty much all gig asking 5 pics. If that makes sense...

Message 5 of 133 (35,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LeslieMusimenta Well, you said it was the only thing not working ?

Sorry, that confused me. I'll try some other scenarios.

EDIT: Had no issues with other scenarios.

Could you list all the gigs that aren't working for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 133 (35,168 Views)

Freelancer approved work not registering

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Island Living and Moschino Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim join the Freelancer career (any) and take any gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims produce work for their freelancer gigs and when submitted for approval, they get the notification that it was approved and exactly what the client was looking for. But the work task objective "Get x approved" doesn't complete and the gig doesn't complete successfully. This has happened with both the Freelance Writer career when submitting a book (excellent quality) and with Freelance Artist when submitting a logo (normal quality but approved). I haven't tested the Freelance Programmer.
What do you expect to see? Successfully completing the gig if an item sent is approved. The work task should complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This worked successfully and without issues last time I played Freelancers a few months ago, which was before the June 2019 patch. One of the subsequent patches must have broken it.

Issues with Freelancer work tasks not registering as having been completed.

Tested with Freelance Writer:

Gig: Write a Self-Employment Help Book!

The task to "write a motivational book while confident" doesn't complete despite writing a motivational book while in confident emotion. Tried twice.

The task to "get book approved" when submitting the completed book doesn't complete, despite being approved by the client in the notification message.

Tested with Freelance Artist:

Gig: Can't remember the name but it was about designing a new logo

The task to get the logo approved didn't complete when submitting, despite being approved by the client in the notification message.

Message 7 of 133 (35,191 Views)

Re: Freelancer approved work not registering

★ Guide

I've had similar issues except it is with the freelance programmer career. Once task is completed such as making video game the task does not mark as completed. Gig fails at deadline and sim is not paid. I have all Sims 4 Expansions, Stuff Packs and Game Pack. I have never had or used any custom mods or contents. Believe issue became present after the freelance photographer career was added as I have had same issue intermittently between then and latest update Sept 2019. I'm running PC, version 10.5.46.29856 - 0

Message 8 of 133 (35,177 Views)

Re: Freelancer approved work not registering

Hero
@simvasion Seems there's several issues with the task now.

Same for the odd jobs: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Chores-for-Odd-Jobs-not-counting-properly/m-p/8...

I've merged your post with a more specific one and changed the title

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 133 (35,136 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Freelancer: Tasks not getting checked

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrictLeslieMusimenta I'm in the writing freelance career and I'm also having issues with tasks not being checked off. I'll write a book/article, submit it to client for approval, and nothing is getting marked. This ends up giving my sims a poor job performance even though she's doing everything that's required.
Message 10 of 133 (35,099 Views)