F

by nyterose1

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Freelancer Career: List of gigs empty for Artist

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Costa I did all of those steps and the only job that appeared in my select a gig menu was the same job I took through debug and had just completed, I was able to take it again.

Edit. I retook the gig, dropped it and checked for gig there was a different gig available but still only one. Also this only ever occurred after I switched from freelance artist to writer, I have maxed level in both relevant skills. 

Edit: made a brand new Sim and joined freelance writer, they too have no gigs available. 

Message 11 of 29 (2,353 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you have any mods in your game @Saturn-Sublime ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 29 (2,333 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Not so soon after the patch. However to update on the issue, I made a new family in a new save and had the same problem so I gave them different jobs for a while and tried again days later and found a fully populated list.

Message 13 of 29 (2,302 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Freelancer Career: List of gigs empty for Artist

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 29 (2,238 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Freelancer Career: List of gigs empty for Artist

★ Guide

Don't know if it's related or not but I'm having an issue where I complete all of the tasks of certain gigs, they are highlighted in yellow in the UI, but the gig doesn't end there. And I am unable to complete it!

Message 15 of 29 (2,131 Views)
Highlighted

F

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 base game, Get Together EP, Cats & Dogs EP, City Living EP, Get Famous EP, Island Living EP, Seasons. Game Packs- Vampires, Dine Out, StrangerVille, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day Stuff Packs- Vintage Glamour, Backyard, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Bowling Night and Holiday Celebration/Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give a Sim the freelancer Writer career, cheat their skill, and open the Gigs Menu. Jobs will be grayed out due to inefficient skill level (as expected if the skill level is not met) but jobs for the Sim's skill level will be missing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Freelancer Writer jobs of the appropriate skill levels do not show up in the Gigs menu. Ex. my Sim has a Writing skill level of 7, she should see jobs for skill levels 6-7 but does not. Jobs for levels 1-3, 8, 9, 10 show (are grayed out due to inefficient skill) but jobs for skill levels 4-7 do not appear.
What do you expect to see? Writing jobs for the appropriate skill levels in the Gigs Menu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue began after August 8, 2019 patch for the upcoming Moschino Stuff Pack

I removed my mods and CC then repaired the game but the issue persists with different saves. The issue appeared after the August 8, 2019 patch for the upcoming Moschino Stuff Pack.

Message 16 of 29 (2,118 Views)

Re: F

Hero
@nyterose1 the gigs have always been faulty if you cheat your way up.

Not entirely sure if it's the same as the empty gig list that you're describing but I merged for now.

Should one get solved and not the other, I will split this again.

If you could add a picture that would also be helpful.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 29 (2,109 Views)

★ Apprentice

I didn't cheat my Sim's skill level. I will try to get a screencap next time I'm in-game.

Message 18 of 29 (2,097 Views)

Hero
@nyterose1 But in your description it says to cheat the skill level ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 29 (2,083 Views)

gigs for freelance crafter not showing up

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a sim in freelance crafting
What happens when the bug occurs? no gigs show up
What do you expect to see? gigs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

gigs arent showing up

Message 20 of 29 (1,820 Views)