[FIXED] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

by HCSau

Original Post

MAC FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHER TASKS DONE, JOB NOT COMPLETE

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine out, Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Vampires, Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By joining the freelancer career and choosing the photographer path
What happens when the bug occurs? I complete all the tasks in the freelancer assignment, they're all approved and ticked off, and nothing happens. The deadline passes, and the job just stays there
What do you expect to see? I expect that when the tasks are complete and the deadline passes, that my sim gets the payment and acknowledgement they completed the freelance brief and i can then go pick a new freelance brief. The job should be paid and acknowledged, when the task is done
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

please see attached

Message 261 of 553 (1,372 Views)

Career Bug: Freelance Artist gigs not finishing :(

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Platform:Steam-PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons and Cats & Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt career path Freelance Artist: I can choose gigs, do the tasks the gigs require and get them golden ticked, but when it comes to the deadline, nothing happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? I don't get paid and the gig doesn't end past the deadline, unless you cancel it, which gives bad performance. I have cancelled the gig and tried again several times.
What do you expect to see? I expect it to say, gig complete and get money i guess, I wouldn't know, I've not seen it successfully work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had only recently bought this game for Steam, and I can't complete any Freelance Artist Gigs, I do the tasks, they get golden ticked in the career tab, but when the deadlines comes, which i get prompted to finish any incomplete tasks, nothing happens. I don't get paid, the gig doesn't end. I have to cancel the gig and get negative rep if I want to continue, and it does it again and again. Please help Frown

Message 262 of 553 (1,379 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

★ Novice

@HCSau wrote:

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work GPs: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat SPs: Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kid's Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim enter the freelance career. Pick up a gig and try to complete it.
What happens when the bug occurs? I complete everything until it comes to finishing the gig and receiving payment. There is notification that the work has been accepted but no payment, and the gig does not end. This is more frustrating when it is also taking an immense amount of time to get the work accepted.
What do you expect to see? Previously, the work is accepted; there is the notification of work being accepted as well a second notification from the client expressing gratitude. Then my sims gets paid and the gig ends.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Is-there-a-bug-in-the-freelance-career/m-p/8226159/hig...

@SheriGRhas been trying to help with this.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

I have the exact same issue.

I'm new to Sims 4 (though started Sims with Sims 1 unless you count the SNES Sim City!)

Anyway I chose the Freelancer Writer track and thought, "oh, I guess they mail me a check or something." so I finished a couple more of the same "Co-author of Children's Bedtime Stories" (4 of them) with no pay.

I installed a Mod that was listed as a temporary fix to this, it did not fix it and I quit the "Co-author of Children's Bedtime Stories" and did one other one with no pay.

I quit that Freelancer job because I needed money, but now my Sim Callum knows what it's like to be an unwitting unpaid intern!

I bought it through Steam, but have "Dine Out" and "Kids Stuff" (simply because it was free) through EA Play Pro.

Thank you. Be well.

Message 263 of 553 (1,394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have the same issue and I'm playing on Xbox one 

Message 264 of 553 (1,326 Views)

My freelancer career won't work!

★★★★ Novice

I have a freelancer who is a programmer. I got him a gig, finished all his requirments and even though they all had check marks it wouldn't turn in! I got frustrated so I switched his freelance specialty since in a different household I had a very successful freelancer in the writing career. Did the same thing, when I turned in the book I got the notification that it had been approved but I got no check mark and I have no clue how to fix it, HELP!

Message 265 of 553 (1,246 Views)

★★★★ Guide

did someone mention the Plopsy Bug aswell? ( if it is a bug) it also came with the September update and shows no expire date by hovering over the item when listed. perhaps it is not even listed although the background colour change and the plopsy icon shows up, anyways no one responds to buy any item..

Message 266 of 553 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've had a few people buy things on Plopsy and sent them off.  No expire date though.  I think in every 5 things listed only 1 sells.

I'm more bothered by the freelance career being broken though.  My poor dude is running out of money

Message 267 of 553 (1,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having the same problems once i got seasons, university packs. 

Message 268 of 553 (1,216 Views)

Re: Freelance Gig Bug

★ Novice

I have this same problem with freelance careers crafter branch.

Message 269 of 553 (1,126 Views)

Re: My freelancer career won't work!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yeah... I have the same issue with freelance work tasks Frown((. I'm pissed of.

Message 270 of 553 (1,053 Views)