[FIXED] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

by HCSau

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

★★★ Apprentice

Me, too.

Since the September 3 patch, affecting both Freelance digital artist and programmer tracks. 

I am able to choose gigs, read assignment specifications or chat with clients, and produce the requested products.

Sometimes, the final image submission (digital artist) is not immediately credited, although the notification affirms client approval.

In all cases, with all requirements met, the gig does not register as complete, pay out, or advance job performance.

Keeping a gig current results in successive alerts on the "final day", although the gig does not expire at deadline. 

Message 251 of 553 (918 Views)

Re: Freelance Gig Bug

★★★★ Novice

I have had same problem.  I get all tasks completed but i never get paid and i can´t take new gig before i end the old one.  I have had this problem since the last update came to Sims 4 game.  I am sad because i like to play that fashion photography career.  Now i can´t do that.  My Sims has to find new job so he can get money to pay bills.  I hope this will be fixed soon. 

And yes, i have try everything. I use cc but i took those off and i try without them. I have done all i can and nothing helps... so i just need to find new job for my sims and hope this will be fixed soon so he can go back to the job he likes so much.   

Message 252 of 553 (909 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. My tasks is done but nothing happen.

Message 253 of 553 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Im also having this issue and i thought it was broken cc or mods but i was still having the issue as i removed all of them one by one to check. I had to change my sims career bc they were losing so much job performance. She was a freelance artist and up until the patch was thriving in this career. afterwards all the tasks would be completed but not the gig just like everyone has said before. this is super frustrating and disheartening esp since it seems this isnt an isolated incident. sucks.

Message 254 of 553 (827 Views)

Re: Gigs cannot be completed

★ Novice

Exactly the same thing is happening to me! I have one sim with a Programmer freelancer job and another with the Writer freelancer job. Both completed their tasks, have completed them multiple times at this point to try and trigger it to submit, and nothing. The due dates have passed by over a day and over 2 days for them respectively and no notifications, changes, etc. have happened. I can't take any new jobs but I know they both have gotten side job payments and royalty payments respectively. Has there been any update on this? It looks like it's been going on for a while!

Message 255 of 553 (794 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem with my freelance writer after the final step. Freelance careers where buggy when they came out so I gave up on them all this time later I give them a 2nd chance still broken...

Message 256 of 553 (787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried to play today. It's still happening as of Sept 19th. 

Update on bugfix progress, please? This is really frustrating. 

Message 257 of 553 (771 Views)

★★★★ Guide

i have the same problem... with crafter and graphic artist, very frustrating ..

Message 258 of 553 (762 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@HCSau same situation. Playing sims4 in ps4. Before i used to get paid after completing freelance work (digital artist or programmer) but after installing seasons add-on the freelance work no longer works. Tried different freelance work, completed them but never got notification that i have completed them and i never got paid. Tried to uninstall and reinstall it didn't work. Tried creating new sim character, freelance work just doesn't work... Reported it and was informed that they will create a patch. I still have not heard from them.... @EA how long will it take you to create a patch? It's been a month... Please give us an update. Thank you!
Message 259 of 553 (742 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m so happy I found all of you because I’m having the same problem but with freelance crafter . I thought it was just me and so I deleted the game and started over 2xs and still the same I do everything ,it checks off it’s completed and then I don’t get paid. I didn’t have this problem before I got the eco pack but there was also an update from ea a little while ago also . So I don’t have a definite answer on when the problem started but I do know that before eco life I did do the freelance programmer one and didn’t have an issue. I’m also playing on Xbox 1.   I have one other weird problem with eco life every time I decide to live in Evergreen harbor something happens while I’m playing to game it starts to get staticky game music,play the sims when they speak and it only happens there not on any other map.

Message 260 of 553 (723 Views)