[FIXED] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

by HCSau

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: Refuse To Complete After Excellent Performance

★★★ Guide

I'm having this issue as well, with a Freelance painter. All tasks finished, but it won't complete.

Thanks to Louisim's mod my sim can once again finish the jobs. At least its a good temp fix until the bug is swatted "officially".

Message 111 of 553 (1,972 Views)

Re: Freelance Gig Bug

★★★ Newbie

just jumping in to say i am having this same exact issue today with a freelance writer. all tasks checked and work approved but not payed out or clearing the career tab

Message 112 of 553 (1,951 Views)

Gigs not completed and all tasks already done

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - Sims Get to Work - Jungle Adventure - Parenthood - Outdoor Retreat - Vintage Glamour Staff - Kids Room Stuff - Romantic Garden Stuff - Holiday celebration - Grim Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am trying to do a gig. I have tried being freelance as a programmer and as a writer. I completed all the tasks in the gig but when all are ticked as done, the gig is still there and it is not closed and not paid. I have also waited until the submission date and the day has finished and the gig is still there with all tasks done.
What happens when the bug occurs? the gig is not closed or paid when all tasks are done
What do you expect to see? I expected to see the gig closed as completed and receive a message saying I completed the gig and I received my money.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 113 of 553 (1,927 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am expect he same issue on my Xbox one with the freelance artist career and in another game with the freelance programmer career. This just happened over the last few days after the September patch downloaded on my console. 

Message 114 of 553 (1,922 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

★★★ Guide

I am also having issues where the freelance tasks are complete but the gig will not accept completion.

Message 115 of 553 (1,906 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have all current packs and the game is fully updated for Bantuu. I'm having this issue on the Freelance Programmer career, no mods installed (localthumbcache deleted to make sure), on the [REDACTED] gig. Studying security systems gives a partial payout with no confirmation BUT I do get a moodlet regarding reading instructions; hacking the system gives a smaller payout with confirmation it is done; and final report pays out nothing with no confirmation. The gig sits in my job bar after that, all tasks checked off in gold. Each time I get to the final task and submit for final payout, I get a last exception error. I have tried to attach the LE file, but this platform won't allow me to. Here's a copy/paste of the LE contents:

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>b25decf8af62bd905f56b934</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-09-07 17:54:54</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.66.139.1020-1.200.000.464.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>career_gig.py:922</categoryid><desyncid>b25decf8af62bd905f56b934</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'int')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;Caught and logged:&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 209, in c_api_server_tick&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 475, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py", line 112, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 3811, in _process_interaction_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 791, in process_one_interaction_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_state.py", line 944, in process_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_state.py", line 323, in remove_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\si_state.py", line 1143, in _remove_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 4993, in on_removed_from_si_state&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 5005, in _exited_pipeline&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 6972, in _exited_pipeline&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 6017, in _trigger_interaction_complete_test_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 266, in process_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 375, in _process_test_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspiration_tuning.py", line 65, in handle_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_data_tracker.py", line 272, in handle_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspirations.py", line 436, in complete_milestone&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspiration_tuning.py", line 414, in satisfy_assignment&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2267, in gig_aspiration_completed&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2282, in _end_work_at_home_gig&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_gig.py", line 910, in get_pay&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_gig.py", line 922, in _set_final_pay_and_gratuity&#13;&#10;TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'int'rtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 18.36&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,82,43225&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.18362 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti nvldumdx.dll 26.21.14.4250, GUID: D7B71E3E-62C2-11CF-0263-53171BC2D735&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Edit By Crinrict: Added Spoiler Tags

Message 116 of 553 (1,874 Views)

Re: Is there a bug in the freelance career?

★★★★★ Newbie

all tasks are completed and ticked, but the gig is not completed or paid, can only be cancelled or would be hanging there forever. I'm playing freelance writer career. First thought it was because the character was pregnant, but after giving birth I tried again and the issue persists. Not able to complete any gigs whatsoever in spite of being completed.

Message 117 of 553 (1,831 Views)

Re: Is there a bug in the freelance career?

★★★ Novice

Same thing happened to me. Everything up to date, no mods. Completed all the tasks for the Simply Crafted branch. Everything is marked as completed, but no payout and the job is still listed on my sim's work page.

Message 118 of 553 (1,806 Views)

★★ Novice
@HCSau This started happening to me today with my freelance writer. I haven't played him for a few weeks, so I'm not sure when the change actually happened.

Completed all the tasks and in time, but no payment and the checklist remains.

The first time I did not get a completion message so I thought maybe, as it was the first editing gig I've ever done, I had to wait for the timer to run out. The time ran out, still no message and the checklist sat there completed. I waited another day before deciding to cancel it. I received a message and a penalty for cancelation.

The second gig showed a completion message saying they were happy with the work and it was approved, though the checklist still remains (completed) and I received no payment. I then left the game and came here to see if it was a new glitch.

Good thing he makes enough on royalties alone, haha.
Message 119 of 553 (1,775 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any update on this??? Im a freelance crafter and itsnot working 😭

Message 120 of 553 (1,766 Views)