by OCJ87

Original Post

Re: Freelance Gig Bug

★★★★★ Newbie
@sharabeebee thank you so much!!!
Message 341 of 553 (784 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

★★★★★ Novice

Was a solution ever found? I’m dealing with the same thing. 

Message 342 of 553 (783 Views)

★ Guide

For PC: Freelancer career fix (mod) by Louisim-yt on ModTheSims website.
HOWEVER. We should not be forced to use mods to fix things! We pay a lot of money for this game.....

Message 343 of 553 (749 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I completely agree with you- I'm having the same issue submitting gigs/ finishing the job with the programmer freelance career, but I'm playing on console so mods aren't an option for me!

It drives me mad that we pay full price for partially functioning products, especially from a company as big as EA!

Message 344 of 553 (739 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Did my first freelancer today (Writer) and IMMEDIATELY got this bug I've tried restarting, cancelling picking other assignments and quitting and retaking the freelance career, sadly no change.

I truly hope they fix it soon as I don't tend to mod my sims

Message 345 of 553 (723 Views)

★ Guide

@epaor@IoHelix 

I completely agree with you that mods should be optional to do things that you feel like doing but not be necessary to make basic functions of the game work, especially a game we've clearly invested a lot of time, emotions, and money.

And it's especially harsh for PS/Xbox users who don't have access to try the mods at all.

Unfortunately, I also agree that this has been a big problem the last few packs (game/expansion/stuff).  I had to mod to be able to play after Eco Lifestyle because of the NAPs rendering my gameplay useless even when I wasn't using them.

I just want to help out in letting people play their games until an official fix comes around (if it does), like with some of the NAP/Eco issues I had to mod until they got fixed.

Message 346 of 553 (712 Views)

Re: Freelance Gig Bug

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with the freelancer career. I’ve tried both writer and programmer with the same issue. The problem started resently, I don’t often play the freelance career so I can’t pinpoint the exact time the problem started

Message 347 of 553 (711 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't finish Gigs for Freelancer Career

★ Apprentice
@EA_Lanna Any updates? This is ruining my gameplay.
Message 348 of 553 (680 Views)

Freelancer career: tasks complete but not paid

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP08:1.assets.live-gp08.81
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, get famous, seasons, eco lifestyle, city living, vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter freelancer
What happens when the bug occurs? Complete all the tasks but don’t get paid when the deadline has passed.
What do you expect to see? Paid when all tasks complete
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP08: 1.assets.live-gp08.81
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, seasons, get famous, vampire, eco lifestyle, city living,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter freelance career
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the freelance tasks are completed, but do not get paid for the gig when the deadline has passed
What do you expect to see? Paid for the gig when completed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 349 of 553 (649 Views)

Freelance career All task done but gig not completed at deadline

★★★★★ Novice

The deadline comes and goes after my sim completes all the task under the writer freelance career and there is no pay off. The gig can be cancelled and it affects their job performance, but it is never completed. Weeks go by and the same gig remains way after the due date.

Message 350 of 553 (621 Views)