Re: Freelance Gig Bug

by avejue

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

I would love to see am official react on this issue.

I experienced this bug since the last patch. Started twice a different freelancer career - both stucked in the first contract. All requirements met, every task is checked to be complete. A day before the contract ends, the warning occur to better speed up and finish the relevant tasks... The next day at the deadline nothing happens. The only option are canceling the contract or have a chat with a customer...

Message 121 of 553 (1,280 Views)

Freelancer career issue

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get famous, city living, eco, get to work, parenting, knitting, backyard stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? the fabricator, writing, and fashion photographer have started to not complete. I finish all tasks and it doesn't register as done.
What happens when the bug occurs? the completed task list stays. Even after the due date of the gig.
What do you expect to see? get paid, advancement,
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

this has just started happening in last week or two.  I quit their jobs and restarted, had them complete on their lot without leaving, no saves etc during their tasks.

Message 122 of 553 (1,279 Views)

Freelancer Career Bug - All Tasks Checked, Job Won't Complete

★★★ Newbie

PC Details;

• Windows 10 - Custom PC Build
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 - 9700 CPU @ 3.00 GHz
  • 32.0 GB RAM

Expansion / Stuff Packs - Luxury Party Stuff & Get Famous

What I've tried already;

• Disabling CC / Mods
  • Troubleshooting (creating back up files & starting new game)
  • Repairing Sims 4 with Origin
  • Trying different Freelancer gigs

Following the latest update, my freelancer sims are unable to complete jobs. All tasks show as checked but job won't complete and sim doesn't get paid.

I've tried with sims other than my main family and error still occurs.

Example of completed checklist attached, please help Frown

Message 123 of 553 (1,241 Views)

★ Guide
@avejue I’m also having this exact problem now on PS4. So many bugs since the last update!
Message 124 of 553 (1,221 Views)

★ Apprentice

I get that also, I quit and rejoined the career and still won't work.

Message 125 of 553 (1,211 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

★★★ Novice

This is happening on ps4 also

Message 126 of 553 (1,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same issue. All the tasks are marked, but the gig doesn't finish, and there is no payment. 

I have tried to reach deadline, but nothing happens there as well. The gig just stays there. 

Message 127 of 553 (1,189 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

★★★ Novice

Throwing my hat in to say I'm having this same issue. My sim has the Freelance Crafter career, have been unable to complete gigs making Candles or using the Fabricator. I tried using Louisim's mod as a temporary fix but, but unfortunately the mod didn't work to fix the issue for me. Hopefully this is is corrected soon.

Message 128 of 553 (1,124 Views)

freelance artist career tasks completed but the gig won't go away

★★★ Newbie

I've had an issue with the freelance artist career. I finished all the tasks for my gig but It doesn't let me complete it. all of the tasks show up as completed but the gig won't finish. any idea how to fix this?

Message 129 of 553 (1,116 Views)

freelancer career glitch

★★★ Newbie

my sim is a freelance artist and recently whenever i complete all tasks, the job isn't complete despite tasks being checked off. i've tried fixing my one mod and even deleting them, but when i went back to check, the problem persisted. i know it's been a problem before but all posts have been from a year ago. is it the new update ?

Message 130 of 553 (1,119 Views)