Re: [OPEN] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

by KeelyJinx

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Same problem on ps4.
most dlc installed.
freelance artist completing job all tasks ticked off but job not completing and disappearing from career tab.
i think this started with the new patch.
has happened with two jobs.
so far.
no completed job since patch.
but i have not been focusing on this sims career in this period.

Message 51 of 553 (13,287 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue since the last update, I ran the repair and cleared by trashing the first completed gig, and have just completed a second one.  The Gig is all checked off, the notice of acceptance has appeared but no payout, and the gig will not clear from the work task.

Message 52 of 553 (13,252 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem.  The only freelancer in my game is a male Sim that is a tech guru/programmer.  I'm playing on a Win10 pro 64bit PC and I have tried deleting all my mods with no effect.

I keep a couple saved games I call test1 and test2 that have minimal Sim population that I normally only use to build multiple versions of homes with.  I had one of the Sims become a freelance programmer by saving a Sim from the other game and restoring him to the test game.  I had the same problem and again with no mods and also had mods turned off in the settings... 

I'm also having a lot of crashes to desktop.  It's getting to the point where it's no longer any fun to play...

BTW, I did a clean up on my Windows temp files but it didn't help.  I do this rather frequently since is a long standing problem that MS has never got a handle on...

Tony

Message 53 of 553 (13,235 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hi there!

I am having problems with the Freelance Photographer Career. I am able to sign up for the gig and complete the check list of tasks, however, the job never resolves as "finished" and just continues indefinitely until I cancel the job (obviously I receive no payment). I have tried several different "gigs" in the career, all with the same result. I was able to, however, complete jobs in the Freelance Programmer Career in another household with another sim, so it seems like the problem centers around this particular career/pack (which I just installed). I do not use any mods or CC. Any help you would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Message 54 of 553 (13,205 Views)

Re: Freelance Gig Bug

★★ Novice
@HCSau Hi, just wanted to add that I have too this problem but with the freelance writer career. I do the work, chat with client and send for approval, the gig gets approved but the tasks remained checked, I don't receive any money and the gig remains open. I did get a Last Exception error from MCC which seems to indicate a bug directly from Sims and not any mods.
So, all freelancer careers seem to be broken right now.
Message 55 of 553 (13,202 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, just wanted to say I'm also having this problem. I had hoped that, when I saw all the tasks were completed, but the deadline wasn't up that maybe it would pay my sim and reset after the deadline, but then I received a notification telling me to complete the tasks before the deadline was up, even though they're already completed. I started this game about a month or two ago, but haven't been back to it since until today, and the girl had done a couple of gigs already last time I played and it was working totally fine. 

Providing a screenshot for proof - you can see the notification saying "just now", and all the tasks are in gold. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 11.07.04 AM.png

Message 56 of 553 (13,187 Views)

★★★ Novice

this is also happening to me! 

super frustrating after trying to go through several jobs. 

Message 57 of 553 (13,177 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, I will tell you that uninstalling mods/cc or restarting/repairing the game won't fix the issue (other than taking out outdated mods that haven't been updated for the latest patch). This week's patch has actually gone back and messed up the freelancer career again (as well added in a whole host of other bugs, like my roommate now bakes a bunch of cakes seemingly at random within succession, for instance), so we'll unfortunately have to wait until the next patch to have this bug fixed. Disappointed 

Message 58 of 553 (13,163 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@HCSau I have this problem too but on Xbox One.
Message 59 of 553 (13,111 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't finish Gigs for Freelancer Career

★ Novice

me too Frown 

Message 60 of 553 (13,109 Views)