Re: The dissapearing foundation bug

by IngeJones

Original Post

The dissapearing foundation bug

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? you can see it, if you built a house with foundation and remove floor in one of the rooms of the house
What happens when the bug occurs? when i remove the foundation inside the room, instead of the foundation walls, I see emptiness
What do you expect to see? the bug was not, before multilevel floor update
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hq5UFBpMx5rFioYUu_9ovdqiLo3eaDHf/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ODryO_tZv7e9mWZAiVrQPXUmJA2C5sW/view?usp=sharing

Message 11 of 34 (2,022 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@dulamass Yes I can confirm this. But the workaround is to stop using cutaway foundations in this way and instead sink a platform. Just as good really.
Message 12 of 34 (2,018 Views)

@dulamass @IngeJones

Do you think it is the same as this issue? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Multiple-Platform-Glitches-on-Underground-Levels/m-p/9738370

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 13 of 34 (2,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@BluebellfloraOn face value not similar enough imho to merge the threads, imho, at least not without more evidence. In my test this was specific to using a foundation, while the one you link to doesn't mention foundations at all. I've had the scenario in the link working ok in my game, actually, with traversable stairs connecting the levels. I'll see if I can offer anything in that thread

Message 14 of 34 (2,002 Views)

★ Guide
@Bluebellflora Yeah I am pretty sure now it's not the same problem.
Message 15 of 34 (1,999 Views)

@IngeJones

Thanks Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 16 of 34 (1,994 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Foundation becomes see-through/invisible

★ Guide

I built the Beaker house some time ago in Sims 4. The foundation surrounding Nervous's room is now invisible, and I didn't even use the invisible foundation swatch. I decided to replace it with platforms, thinking it'll work. Wrong. It threw off my entire design as placing the stairs removes the fence, and putting the fence back deletes the stairs. Disappointed as I worked hard on this house, hope it gets fixed soon Frown

Message 17 of 34 (1,895 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Foundation becomes see-through/invisible

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've just noticed this in my game. The lot I'm visiting is in Willow Creek. The sunken living room created by lowering the floor down, has invisible platform walls and I can see into the basement.

12-03-20_4-34-02 PM.png

*Edit* So, I took one of the Sims that was visiting to a different lot and back, and it went back to normal (the half wall trim, that's been doing the same thing forever, isn't invisible anymore either after leaving and coming back)..

Message 18 of 34 (1,893 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Foundation becomes see-through/invisible

★★ Guide

I have this problem in the karaoke bar in San Myshuno and the new haunted house that came with Paranormal Stuff. 

Message 19 of 34 (1,709 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Foundation becomes see-through/invisible

★ Guide

I had the same bug! This also happens to me with half wall trims. platforms & half wall trims disappear when visiting lot - Answer HQ

Message 20 of 34 (1,689 Views)