[FIXED] For Some skin tones: Baby icon different color than Sim (Patch 1.75)

by simply1sonya

Original Post

Re: Dark skinned babies

★★★★★ Apprentice

They are all dark skinned I have to wait until they are toddlers to see what skin color they are.

Message 41 of 77 (997 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. My super white and blonde family got a new baby and it looks black on the icon in the family tree etc. It looks slightly dark in the crib. 

Message 42 of 77 (990 Views)

Hero
@zionna773 I merged this with the main thread.

I tested my game and had mostly dark skinned babies for adoption. On aging up they were not dark skinned anymore so I guess it's just the icon/preview windows giving the wrong skin still

let me know if the toddler is still dark skinned for you (there could be some that are of course)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 77 (978 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

ok thank you I wasn't sure if I was the only one this was happening too.

Message 44 of 77 (966 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I’ve been waiting since the start of 2020 for this to be fixed and when I updated it a few days ago for the new spa day features, I logged in, changed my existing household’s picture in edit mode and the baby changed from black to the correct skin tone. However, upon a patch yesterday, I made a baby with another household, and the baby shows up with a black skin tone in gallery, different from their in game skin tone. I was so excited to start playing again, guess it’s time to go back to Netflix until it’s fixed properly Frown

Message 45 of 77 (876 Views)

Champion

It seemed as though this was partially fixed for "white" families at some point but my two dads just had a baby and....
Wrongskintone3.png

I don't really care what the baby's skin tone is but the thumbnails should reflect the actual skin tone.
wrongskintone4.png

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 46 of 77 (817 Views)

★ Guide

My Sim just had a baby in my game which has very dark skin only in the icon pictures, but not otherwise. The situation is identical to that of Jona0703's. So, this issue is most definitely not fixed.

Message 47 of 77 (750 Views)

Sims 4 Returning Bugs

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs City Living Cottage Living Discover University Eco Lifestyle Get Famous Get to Work Get Together Island Living Seasons Snowy Escape Dine Out Jungle Adventure Outdoor Retreat Realm of Magic Spa Day Journey to Batuu Strangerville Vampires Laundry Day Stuff Nifty Knitting Paranormal Stuff Spooky Stuff Bust the Dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look when any babies are born
What happens when the bug occurs? All babies, whether born or adopted, have black skin tones in appearance on bottom screen and in manage worlds menu
What do you expect to see? Not that. Skin tones to match baby in game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I thought this issue was resolved months ago, but apparently not. My game has been having some issues for the past couple weeks. I’ve got the sims doing nothing bug, the cow doesn’t come out of the shed, and the skin tone of the baby on the menu is not the same as it is in game. I know there was an addressing of this issue, I don’t understand how it’s come back to me. I’ve reset the game, I’ve deleted save files that might be corrupted, I’ve done the repair, I’ve reset my PC, the issue keeps coming. Not sure what to do at this point.

Message 48 of 77 (670 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Returning Bugs

Hero
@FenTastic4 I merged your post with the main thread on the skin tones.

For your other issues please use this thread for the animals not coming out of the shed: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-CoL-Cow-and-LLama-won-t-come-out-of-shed-unless/td...

Sims doing nothing has a lot of causes so best to create a thread just for that, posting your specs and testing multiples saves/families.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 77 (629 Views)

Custom Skintones Affect Babies Portraits in Game

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.9.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two sims that have custom skin tones applied try for baby and wait for the baby to be born.
What happens when the bug occurs? The baby comes out with a skin tone that is closer to one or both parents despite the parents having custom skin tones but the portraits of the baby, such as in the household manager and the sim portrait down where the families photos are at the bottom of the screen in live mode are always a dark skin tone.
What do you expect to see? I expect the babies in the game to be born with a skin tone that matches one or both parents, despite the fact that I have custom skin tones installed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug is really affecting my gameplay. Originally, the actual babies were also the wrong skin tone after the skin tone update but now it’s just their photos that are the wrong skin tone and not the actual baby. 

Message 50 of 77 (593 Views)