[FIXED] For Some skin tones: Baby icon different color than Sim (Patch 1.75)

by simply1sonya

Original Post

Re: Baby icon on bottom left and Parenting Skill Lvl 6 not working right

★★★★ Novice

I'm still having this issue. I tried everything and nothing seems to work. It's very annoying and it makes me not wanna play.

Message 31 of 77 (1,145 Views)

Re: Baby icon on bottom left and Parenting Skill Lvl 6 not working right

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Can anyone confirm if alien babies are still as completely broken as they appeared to be in Pleasant Sims' alien pregnancy comparison video? You just need to see what happened to believe it. I've skipped ahead to the segment here. We have: The alien baby not getting an alien bassinet like he's supposed to, the alien baby having a human skintone when not disguised, and the Pollination Technician that is his other parent looking totally human.

Message 32 of 77 (1,133 Views)

Baby Got Bug: Babies still showing as wrong color

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Not applicable to issue - none coincided with pack installation, and many other users also have this issue.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See video
What happens when the bug occurs? All babies a little darker than ultra white show up the same color (see video)
What do you expect to see? This fixed ASAP as it's already been 8 months.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Not sure exactly which, but started happening suddenly around January like with other users.

Hi friends,

I got tired of waiting 8 months for this bug to be fixed and, since the original thread said it is fixed (it's not), I have reported this issue again.

Because I was feeling particularly cheeky today, I decided to record a video so you can see what we're dealing with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdKe0i8pt-g

BABY GOT BUG - Youtube Thumbnail.png

The video 50% me proving it still exists and eliminating all of the suggested fixes, and 50% me roasting this bug. (All in good fun ♥)

But in all seriousness, could you PLEASE fix this? ♥ It's ruining generations for so many of us.

Happy to try some more fix suggestions if you're not able to replicate it.

When it comes to buying new packs: ♪ I DON'T WANT NONE UNTIL YOU FIX YOUR BUGS, SON! ♪

Message 33 of 77 (1,145 Views)

Re: Baby Got Bug: Babies still showing as wrong color

Champion

Apologies for my last post!  At the time, the thumbnail skin tone matched so I assumed this was actually fixed.  Then I saw others posting that it was only fixed for "white" families.  So just to add to that, my current active family, latino + white couple, just had a baby and the thumbnail skin tone is wrong.

wrongskintone.png

wrongskintone2.png

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 34 of 77 (1,053 Views)

★★ Novice

I decided to re-create my king and queen sim I had in the sims 2. They were so much fun and I shared the neighborhood with my daughter, who was young at the time, who used to laugh and laugh about "dazzling" the queen in to buying things with one of the packs. Well, a Queen could visit the guillotine for this kind of treachery...

Message 35 of 77 (1,025 Views)

★★★ Guide

I see the same issue in my game and by looking at families on the Gallery. It seems that with the update the Light skintone was fixed, but the Medium skintone wasn't.

Little background info: Babies have only 3 different (human) skintones - Light, Medium and Black. And as I understand from looking at the game files shortly, the Dark skintone is set as the default to be replaced with the actual one at some point. I suspect that the issue lies somewhere along that line.

Message 36 of 77 (966 Views)

Dark skinned babies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? I have all updates
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the blame yourself and adopt a baby or have one on your own.
What happens when the bug occurs? All babies are all dark skinned.
What do you expect to see? For this to get fixed. This been going on for months now. I thought with new updates this would be one of the things that should've got fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

• Please fix this. Thank you.
Message 37 of 77 (1,062 Views)

Re: Dark skinned babies

Hero
@zionna773 Are they dark-skinned on the icon only or the actual babies ? Are they still dark skinned as toddlers ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 77 (1,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

They are all dark skinned when they become toddlers there skin color changes.

even on the icons they are dark skinned

Actual babies and on the icons.

[CM - Edited to merge consecutive replies]

Message 39 of 77 (1,002 Views)

Hero
@zionna773 Are they light skinned on the adoption window or do you mean you just get dark skinned ones as an option ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 77 (979 Views)