[FIXED] For Some skin tones: Baby icon different color than Sim (Patch 1.75)

by simply1sonya

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] For Some skin tones: Baby icon different color than Sim (Patch 1.75)

★ Guide

I have this issue too, the baby always get black skintone.

Message 21 of 77 (1,445 Views)

Asian baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? enter the Bheeda family . wait until Jesminder is in labor . It's not just their baby(s) . All the Asian skin tone babies icon are still black skinned .
What happens when the bug occurs? like the *FIXED* glitch after this patch . Nothing much, babies just seem like they have a different daddy.
What do you expect to see? the skin colour of the icon matching the actual babies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.70.84.1020

It like the original glitch , but Asian only .

not even for the blue skin tone baby.

the original (*FIXED*) one that I refer to : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Baby-icon-household-picture-different-colour-than-Sim/td...

Message 22 of 77 (1,470 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still got this issue …

my old sim household still shows with a black baby .. and i just played my other family and had a baby and the icon was black again in the game…so its still not fixed for me.BCC3389B-56FA-462B-B7C5-E28AF192DC8C.jpeg

Message 23 of 77 (1,354 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still having the same issue. 

Message 24 of 77 (1,319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

For me it's not just the icon or the picture of the household... It's the whole baby. No matter what kind of family I have, the babies are born black and once they turn in to a toddler the skin tone rights itself and the child looks like the parents. I don't mind dark babies, but it's kind of shocking when they are born and I know the mother did not cheat. It seems like most every problem I've read is just an icon or whatever, but in my game it's the entire baby.

Message 25 of 77 (1,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

This issue was fixed for a while after that one patch.  My sims had a few babies and the thumbnails displayed the correct skintone.  However, my current sim just had a baby and her thumbnail had the wrong skin tone.  So I've added my "me too" here.

WrongSkinColorThumbnail.png

Edit: I forgot to mention my game version is PC: 1.76.81.1020

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 26 of 77 (1,237 Views)

★ Guide

Yep, still this issue exists in my game.. Got a brand new computer and installed Sims again, tried with and without mods, repaired the game... Yeah, still there 😤

Message 27 of 77 (1,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've seen some let's plays of Cottage Living, and while it doesn't happen every single time (only certain specific skintones seem to still be affected?), a lighter-skinned baby will still be black in their portrait sometimes. So it can be said that this is partially fixed, since it isn't every time, but definitely not fixed fixed. I don't know why EA has this problem of claiming things are fixed, only for them not to be fixed. It's becoming a concerningly common occurrence.

Message 28 of 77 (1,191 Views)

Baby icon on bottom left and Parenting Skill Lvl 6 not working right

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Eco Lifestyle and Snowy Escape. All Game Packs except Spa Day, Jungle Adventure, and Dream Home Decorator. All Stuff Packs except Luxury Party, Spooky, Kids Room, Backyard, Fitness, My First Pet, and Paranormal.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? From the base game when the parent sims have babies and from Parenthood Stuff Pack, when the parent sim is at level 6 skill parenting.
What happens when the bug occurs? First, from the base game, when the sim has a baby, its skin is black in the icon below with the other sims instead of a white baby in the UI I think. Second, from the Parenthood Stuff Pack, when the baby cries, its supposed to show a bubble of why its crying and its not showing at all, even when the sim has level 6 parenting skill.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see that the baby has the same skin as the parents for the icon on the bottom left that shows every sim in the household and I want to be able to see the reason why the baby is crying and what it needs from the Parenting Skill level 6.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I already tried repairing the game and taking all my mods and cc out, but it doesn't fix my issues with the baby icon showing black baby instead of white and the baby isn't showing why its crying and what it needs. I really wish that you would address these issues and fix them please. Getting really tired of seeing baby icon showing black instead of white and not seeing what the baby needs when crying. These pictures shown what I'm seeing. Second picture shows when baby is crying, it doesn't show a bubble telling what it wants. Hope y'all can fix this even though you just released a bug patch for some other stuff. Thanks.

Message 29 of 77 (1,169 Views)

Re: Baby icon on bottom left and Parenting Skill Lvl 6 not working right

[ Edited ]
Champion

Is anyone still having an issue with this?  My current sim family had a baby after yesterday's patch and his thumbnail shows the proper skin tone.  Perhaps there was a fix included in that patch?  I'm playing version PC: 1.77.146.1030.

ProperSkinTone.png

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 30 of 77 (1,097 Views)