Re: STILL broken after update! >Baby icon/household picture different color t

by simply1sonya

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] For Some skin tones: Baby icon different color than Sim (Patch 1.75)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What happens when the bug occurs? The babies are still not the same color in the household pics
What do you expect to see? The latest patch to work from 5/27/21 and for the babies to match the household members
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the december update patch

Hello simmers! I recently updated my pc sims 4 game with the latest patch from may 27, 2021. This patch said it would fix the issue if babies were a different skintone in the gallery. I installed the patch but I am still experiencing this issue, does anyone else still have this glitch in their game? 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 77 (9,334 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: wrong skin color shown on babys thumbnail

Hero

Babies' skin tone in the skewer and household portraits should now match their skin tone in-game

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 77 of 77 (1,923 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@simply1sonya Is this an existing baby (pre-patch) ? You might need to delete your localthumbcache file. It's also possible that they are not fixed for already existing babies

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 77 (9,318 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! Yes the babies are pre existing, maybe that is the reason.I already deleted my localthumbcache  but I will try that again.

Message 3 of 77 (9,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@simply1sonya Can you try a 'fresh' baby to see if it has the same issue still ?

EDIT: Doing some testing in my game it seems to me it's certain skin tones that are still borked.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 77 (9,305 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I will work on getting a new baby and see the outcome !
Message 5 of 77 (9,277 Views)

Hero
@simply1sonya After some more testing I think it's still an issue for some skin tones.

Could you post a picture of yours ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 77 (9,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Screenshot 2021-05-28 150712.pngScreenshot 2021-05-28 150712.pngScreenshot 2021-05-28 150912.pngScreenshot 2021-05-28 150821.png    here are some

Message 7 of 77 (9,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. I updated my game yesterday and my sim had a baby today. I actually used MCCC to make my sim pregnant and give birth immediately. The baby has a light skin tone in-game, but has dark skin in Manage Households. I always delete my localthumbcache file every time I close out the game.

But from the way the patch notes were written, I wondered if this specific bug was actually the one addressed. The patch note said, "We have fixed an issue that made Babies’ Skin Tones not match in different parts of Gameplay, like Interaction queues." It doesn't mention household management, so I'm not so sure this particular bug has been fixed yet.

Message 8 of 77 (9,166 Views)

Baby icons still appearing different skin tone after patch 1.75

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a baby in the Sims 4
What happens when the bug occurs? lighter skinned babies still appear black in the menu and manage worlds screenshots, but not in actual gameplay
What do you expect to see? My Sim babies to be the correct color of their skin
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After patch 1.75 my lighter skinned babies still appear black in the menu and manage worlds screenshots, but not in actual gameplay. I am very confused because the patch said that this was fixed. Everything else in the patch works well for me except for this. I have removed my mods to see if there was a problem but the same thing was happening. I have been trying to find a solution for this for months and now that there actually is one it doesn't even work for me. Everyone else seems to have had their problem fixed but I am still getting issues.

Message 9 of 77 (9,139 Views)

Hero
@joyofliving37 It was this issue but it looks like that they didn't' fix all the skin tones. In my game, some are fine now, others aren't.

that goes for both the household manager picture as well as the ingame icon.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 77 (9,118 Views)