by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Food ordered at bars is not placed directly in front of sim

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a bar and order any food.
What happens when the bug occurs? Most often the bartender will drop the plate off centre, not directly in front of the sim. Either that, or the sim will not pick up and readjust the position of the plate before they start eating, so it looks like they eat food off to the side.
What do you expect to see? I either expect the bartender to drop the plate or bowl of food directly in front of the sim or for the sim to pick up and move the food in front of them before they start eating.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been like this for a while. Possibly maybe as far back as since the pre-Parenthood patch. I just never got around to reporting it. I don't remember this being an issue when I first started playing the game back in early 2017. Something changed with a patch during 2017 but I can't remember exactly.

It doesn't look so bad with this plate of pretzels, but with a bowl and a spoon in looks like they are eating invisible food in front of them while the bowl next to them slowly empties.

06-29-18_12-57-51 AM.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 4 of 13 (2,904 Views)

[OPEN] [GT] Eating Animation Off While Eating Bar Food

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

When my Sim orders food from the bar, the bartender doesn't place the food directly in front of the Sim so when the Sim eats it, the animation is off.  The Sim has to be sitting at a bar stool in front of the bar for this to occur.  If my Sim picks up the plate of food and moves elsewhere, the eating animation is normal.  The bar or venue type has no effect on this bug.

The foods affected are:

• Fish and Chips
  • Currywurst
  • Bowl of Olives
  • Pretzel
Message 1 of 13 (3,078 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GT] Eating Animation Off While Eating Bar Food

Hero

Like This ? Only seems to happen to stuff that doesn't come in portion.

Do you agree ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (3,067 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GT] Eating Animation Off While Eating Bar Food

★★★ Pro
Yes because the Sim has to grab the plate. When the bartender sets the food in front of the Sim and the Sim eats the food, the animation is off.
Message 3 of 13 (3,072 Views)

Re: Food ordered at bars is not placed directly in front of sim

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've also seen this. Try it with a food that requires a fork.  Nevermind, missed the part where you mentioned that, lol. the animation, for me anyway, bugs out and their arm is doing all kinds of weird, bendy stuff, so definitely not by design. Adding a me too

Message 5 of 13 (2,867 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Same here! 

Message 6 of 13 (2,847 Views)

Hero
This is a very old issue.

Moved old thread into this new one as the old one didn't use the bug template

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (2,840 Views)

Hero
Added this back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (2,794 Views)

Bar Places Food/Drink Wrong Spots

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a bar/lounge order a drink or some food
What happens when the bug occurs? The bartender will place the food in the wrong place causing the sim to eat it awkwardly. Same thing happens with drinks, but not as bad
What do you expect to see? Correct placement of the food/drink on bar
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

11-26-18_10-33-53 PM.png

It's not placed in front of the sims like it should 

Message 9 of 13 (2,762 Views)

Re: Bar Places Food/Drink Wrong Spots

Hero

Hi @SproutLee

merged with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (2,746 Views)