Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Food in fridge spoils way too fast

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030 (July 27th, 2021)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Eco Lifestyle and Cottage Living; All game packs except Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batuu, Strangerville and Jungle Adventure. Among the stuff packs I only have Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout and Perfect Patio. I don't have any kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time I load the game, after my sims travel and after few hours I cooked food
What happens when the bug occurs? The food in the fridge (no cc) spoils way too fast. I have my sims to cook for themselves two times a day... so tiring.
What do you expect to see? The food in the fridge should spoil after few days at least
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After 1.77.131.1030 (July 20th, 2021)

Please help me, I tried with everything... I updated all my mods and tried with every fridge in game. It takes too much time to cook twice a day for a family of five sims Devil

Before the updates for Cottage Living I played just fine... the last patch brought so many issues to the game...

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 59 (15,030 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Console Controller Feedback

Hero

Food that’s in a container inside the fridge will take longer to spoil

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread. Since for many this has been mod based, make sure to test without before reporting again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 59 of 59 (4,401 Views)

All Replies

Re: Food in fridge spoils way too fast

★★ Guide

It's probably silly to ask, but just in case: you are not "off-the-grid", right? So the fridge is powered and working...

Message 2 of 59 (15,003 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@babuchas01 yes it is, I'm not "off the grid"... I have electricity and all. But this made me wander... my sim works as an conservationist and has the "Energy Curfew" policy active... could that be the problem?
Message 3 of 59 (14,961 Views)

★★★★ Expert

My Sim has the trait where her food never goes off, and yet there is an almost daily green miasma around the fridge and an option to clean out spoiled food.  I sometimes open it and search for the spoiled item and occasionally find a single egg that I can throw away, but sometimes there is no spoiled food that I can find and I have to ask my Sims to do it for me. 

I mean, sure, maybe I'm just not finding it, but I think that the recent patch just made it so there's a daily task of "clean out spoiled food" even when there's no spoiled food.

Message 4 of 59 (14,947 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Elymon92 Did you test this without mods installed ? Not just updated but actually remove them all and delete your localthumbcache file ?

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 59 (14,924 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Elymon92 Are you still having issues ? Did you get a chance to test without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 59 (14,835 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am off the grid, but I have excess of electricity so it shouldn't be a problem. 

Message 7 of 59 (14,817 Views)

Hero
@renarya Are you also using mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 59 (14,744 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Food in fridge spoils way too fast

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Elymon92 the food in my game is also spoiling really fast, in and outside the fridge. I am off the grid but I make sure to keep my fridge filled with ice.
Message 9 of 59 (14,475 Views)

Why does my Sims food spoil so fast?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Iv never paid attention before but lately I have noticed that the food in my fridge spoils, pretty much over night.  I don't know why, and it does not matter what fridge is being used. The timers say a few days (4-7) but every day I have to clean the fridge because food has gone bad. I'm not happy. 

Message 10 of 59 (14,429 Views)